Sunday, November 18, 2012

had to take a step back

so recently, i have had these jealousy issues. i will admit that jealousy is probably one of the greatest things that i struggle with. I look at people and see that, they have a nice home they live in or they have more money than we do or they have better jobs or kids that they love or cute clothes and cute shoes. and i kept feeling overwhelmed because when i found out we were having family pictures i always have the ideal outfit in mind but of coarse i dont own any of it and shopping is something we cant do right now. or i get sometimes frustrated because i talk to friends and they are startin to talk about what they are getting their spouse for christmas and how some of the gifts that are named off are these big extravagant gifts that any person would want. and its hard knowing that this year for christmas we will simply have a christmas tree set up and then nothin to sit underneath it. but i then take a step back and realize its all ok. i too am blessed just in different ways. I have a husband that loves me unconditionally, i have a place to live in that has free rent. yes it may not be my favorite and id rather be in our very own place, but its ok. i have a family that loves me and supports me, i dont need all these gifts for christmas to make me happy. i dont need all these outfits that id love to have because i have clothes that i am greatful for. i will have my own kids someday and timing is different for everybody. i work hard and am going to school to be successful in life. so its all ok. sometimes i get in over my head and i just simply need to take a step back and realize that i too am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Shalei-hey, I'm Caleb's cousin Sarah. I know how hard it must be to feel like your life isn't all that great compared to others. It is such a horrible feeling. You guys are getting it together by going to school and making a future for your family. Anyway I think you two are cute together and I hope you keep staying positive. I still have jealousy issues and I'm in my thirties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed its so hard to not compare yourselves to others, but you also don't know their financial situation, sure maybe they have a nice big house, or get all these crazy christmas gifts, but its not worth it to go into crazy debt over which a lot of people do. We're just simply looking at if from the outside in. Stay positive

    ReplyDelete