Saturday, November 7, 2015

36 weeks prego, Caleb's birthday, and other updates

Since we have moved, it seems life has been going non stop. I feel we have stayed pretty busy. Living here has so far been ok. It's gotten a little better than my last post of feeling a bit bitter and not too happy about the move. We are adjusting as time goes on. We still look up homes for sale pretty much daily and nothing is screaming our name. So, still just looking there.

This last week, Caleb went back to his original schedule at work. While he was working, I took it upon myself  to get all the rest of this baby stuff. I had a cart with a few items on Amazon I ordered, and the rest I shopped for at Wal Mart. It was all the last little things we needed to get. Although we still need some things, it can wait for a little bit. No need to buy ourselves a crib mattress yet if there's no spot to even put up the crib. Things like that will just have to wait till we have our own place. Of course the Wal Mart in Rexburg wouldn't even carry some of the stuff I needed, so on Thursday, I met up with my sister in Idaho Falls and finished up the load at Target. I did buy baby girl an outfit from JCPenny. I had a coupon so I spent a whole 2 dollars on it, originally 20 bucks, and it's so cute! I haven't really bought ANY outfits since all her clothes were given to her from my cousin and a friend of mine. SO helpful, but I did want to buy her at least a couple that I wanted.
My amazon order showed up and this wrap was one of the items. I got so excited and had to try it on and wear it around. I've heard great things about this wrap so I'm hoping it suits us well. I plan on using it LOTS. It almost looks like I'm holding something in the wrap, but nope, just the big ol' belly.

Also this week, I hit 36 weeks pregnant and I am definitely feeling it.
I am so uncomfortable, ESPECIALLY at nights. For some reason when I sleep, my hips will just throb and continuously wake me up. I am having lots of lower pressure, lightening crotch that can be quite painful, braxton hicks all the dang time, aches and pains, I have to pee every like half hour, I feel ginormous, I'm winded all the time, I still have reflux even with the heartburn medication I've been taking, and I overall am just feeling very done. I still really enjoy her kicks and movement. I can definitely tell she is getting pretty big because sometimes her kicks hurt, and I can also feel her little foot all the time on the side of my belly which is the cutest little thing I ever did feel. It is just amazing that I have an actual little baby in me. According to my apps, she is about 6 pounds. Babies are born that ALL the time so it just blows me away. Also this last week I got ALL of baby girl's clothes, blankets, swing liner, everything washed. I got SO excited when I was folding them and putting them away. So tiny and cute! Also, I've had a couple people ask me if I had packed our hospital bags yet. I really hadn't even thought much about it and was probably just going to wait till we were leaving to give birth to do that. Maybe that's not the smartest idea? I don't know. I feel like I use everything I would pack. But, after seeing a couple different lists, I ended up packing what I could. I feel weird because I hardly packed anything, yet, I feel people make a huge deal out of the hospital bags so I'm not sure if I'm missing something? Just don't get what the big deal is? Or if I'm just one that doesn't care or what, haha I just figure if worse comes to worse, I can send Caleb back home to grab something, or have my parent's bring something when they come. I'm not too worried. But, yes, the hospital bags are packed for both me and Caleb, and baby girl! I am also going to install the car seat sometime soon just so it's in the car ready to go. Other than that, I think we are ready for this baby! She could come now and we'd have everything ready for her arrival. 

Libbie got groomed this last Wednesday and it was quite an experience for her. She HATES the groomers so It's always a bit traumatizing to her. I'm getting fed up with how unlucky we have been with finding someone that does a good job. This guy took 4.5 hours to get her groomed. 4.5 hours!! That's ridiculous. It ended up being past their closing hours when I could even go get her. She was the last one there and I wasn't that happy when I saw her. Her face is uneven, her ears are uneven, and they left her longer than they had in the past which means we will be getting her groomed sooner than we wanted. But, because I didn't care for who did it, I didn't want to have him spend another 2 hours trying to fix it. So, we are once again on the hunt for a good groomer! I prefer a place I can get her groomed and her shots done all at once but I'm to the point I'll go wherever.
She still looks better than she did and this picture you can't really tell how uneven her face is. Caleb just lets her sit on him wherever she is comfortable. Haha He was fixing his computer and she just chilled on him like this for a bit. 

Speaking of Libbie, I think she likes it here. My parents surprisingly let her live here which was odd because they are very anti house pets. I think they secretly love her though. ;) 

She is LOVING the windows. Our old apartment only had tiny windows since we were in a basement. And even then, they were so old you could never see out of them. Libbie will sit on the back of the couch or chair and just stare outside all day, or she will lay on the carpet where the sun is shining and will sleep till the sun moves. haha I think it's the cutest thing. I end up joining her half the time because I feel way less cooped up with simply having windows to see out! Crazy what little things make a difference. 

Caleb's birthday was yesterday! He turned 26 years old! We did a no presents this year for either of our birthdays since we are really trying to save and had a ton of baby stuff to get instead. I feel the older you get it seems to just feel like another day, especially since he had to work. I still wanted to make the day special for him somehow even if it was simple. I ended up doing a "heart attack" to his car. I cut out 26 different shaped hearts and wrote on each one what I loved about him, or grateful for, or whatever. While he was busy doing his own thing the evening prior to his birthday, I snuck out to his car and taped all 26 hearts to the inside of his car so he'd see them on his way to work that next morning.
They were on the ceiling, seat, everywhere. That was my first little surprise. I also left him a bag of his favorite candy (peanut m&ms) on his desk for when he got home. For dinner that night, me and my mom made his request, meatloaf, salad, green beans, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Super good dinner. For probably the last month, Caleb had been saying how he wanted apple pie. He's not a huge cake person and we just so happened to have an apple crumple pie and vanilla ice cream. I totally fibbed him and said I made it from scratch..(yeeeahhh right! I don't know how to cook) It didn't take him long to figure out it was totally store bought. haha 
It ended up tasting SO good and totally hit the spot. His food/dessert requests usually go along with mine quite well. haha We pretty much just hung out at home and enjoyed being with each other. He didn't want to go out or anything so we kept it simple. 
Happy birthday tutz. Love you so so much. <3







No comments:

Post a Comment