Friday, March 28, 2014

On the road to recovery.

Awh..recovering from surgery. Was worse than I expected. I was kinda thinkin i'd be up and going after a day or two and that was not the case. Although I could walk, I was MUCH more sore than I was expecting to be. I was crampy, and my insides just..hurt..I don't really know how to describe how they felt. My incisions were very sore. Especially the belly button one. I was dizzy dizzy dizzy for like 3 days. My stomach was all over the place. I was SO hoping that this surgery would help my stomach issues and so far it has not. At all. So, I guess I will just have to deal with that forever. I wasn't able to lay on my sides at all for about a week. And I needed help getting out of bed for close to a week. Anything that used your gut muscles (which is more things than you realize) I needed help with. Now, almost 2 weeks later, I am finally starting to feel back to myself. That belly button incision is STILL sore, and still swollen and bruised. I still have to have Caleb tie my shoes. And bending all the way down is still tricky. But, I am doing MUCH better than before. I am super grateful I took as much time off work as I did because I would not have been ready to go back a week after. Plus even though this wasn't the type of break off work as I wanted, it has still been a nice break.

So this was I think day 4 or something. And it got even more bruised after this. It's still kinda purple and swollen. 

When Caleb had to go back to work, Libbie kept me company. 

haha so kinda funny story. Caleb had gone to work and I could NOT find Libbie ANYWHERE. I looked everywhere! Under the bed, in each bedroom, living room, seriously everywhere. I was calling her name and normally she comes out. Finally I went back into the bedroom to check again and here she was chillin on our dirty clothes. haha don't really know how I missed her the first 3 times I looked in there. But clearly she was content where she didn't come out when I was calling for her. haha

Caleb has to buy Libbie a new toy basically every time we buy her a new bag of dog food. She loves her new duck..........

..........so much she sleeps with it. And has been every night since he bought it for her. lol


Lovin her a good belly rub

Since it's been hard to bend over, Caleb offered to paint my toenails. They needed done SO bad. Best.husband.ever.


Last night, we decided to cut my sisters hair. Looks so cute on her!


And FINALLY today, I decided to get FULLY ready (which makes you feel a million times better after acting like a hobo for a week and a half) and go out to dinner with Caleb. Seriously this boy makes me laugh till I'm in tears.

And now for the mushy post that I'm sure you people care to read oh so much. I feel so incredibly blessed. I truly scored such an amazing husband. He has taken great care of me the last couple weeks. Although it wasn't like I was dying, its the small things that mean the world to me. Like painting my toes. haha But he truly is my rock. He's absolutely my most favorite human in this world. I have literally cried happy tears multiple times this week simply because I am in so much love. I didn't think I could love Caleb any more after I married him but he has proved me wrong. I am so completely head over heels for this boy. 

And now for my family. Especially my mom and sister. I cant thank them enough for the daily texts checking up on me, stopping by to see how I'm doing. The meals brought in, the love, and the support. I am blessed. I couldn't have asked for a better family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment