Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas pictures and baby thoughts

I know, I know. MORE pictures. ;) I'm sure you'll survive. So today me and Caleb picked up my sister Kristie and drove down to the Green Belt and got some Christmas pictures done.

The Green Belt is SO pretty. It has the Idaho Falls temple in the background and has ducks floating all over. Its seriously gorgeous. It also brings back fun memories for me and Caleb. When we were dating, we often came here and would either ripstick, or walk around the whole green belt. It's a 4.5 mile loop. So decent size, and we would go around the whole thing. We had SO many good conversations there.

Anyways, like all my other pictures, they're nothing professional because I have yet to get a nice camera and actually know how to edit the correct way. I can't complain though, because for pictures taken on my phone, they aren't that bad of quality. They'll do for now until I get a nice camera, or pay someone for pictures. haha and also, side note..people keep tellin me we need to switch up our outfits because we always wear the same colors. I am fully aware. I do it for a bunch of reasons...1. Black and grey I think look the nicest color on anyone, and especially nice in pictures. 2. I can only wear black, white and grey to work so when I go shopping, it's usually items of those colors. 3. I have looked for certain items of a certain color and never found anything I loved. 4. It was kind of a crunch getting these pictures taken in a busy month on a day with decent weather, so I didn't have much time to look for matching clothes. and 5. These are for Christmas cards...so why not wear red? Sorry little rant there. But who cares what we wear? They're my pictures, I'll wear what I want. Anywho..









One of my favorites.



I waited for like 2 weeks to see if we would get snow for these pictures but It's not lookin like there will be snow anytime soon so I just got them done. Today was in the 40s...still freezing but not cold enough for snow. Maybe next year. 

And another random personal side note...babies. Taking these pictures today was a lot of fun but also kinda brings a sting to my heart. I remember thinking last year when we sent out Christmas cards that I could not WAIT till next years Christmas cards because there would most likely be a baby in the photo. Family and friends that knew our circumstances would say they couldn't wait to see a family of 3 in the picture...or 4 including our dog. Things definitely have not gone as planned and it's yet another Christmas card without a baby. I mentioned in a previous post how holidays with infertility seem to be one of the hardest times. I'm not exactly sure why, but I remember thinking last year, that this year I would have a baby to hold around the Christmas tree and have a little human to spoil for Christmas. I'm trying my hardest to not let the holidays get me down because they can also be the absolute best times of the whole year. Even though things aren't how I thought they would be, I am truly, truly grateful that I get to spend another Christmas with Caleb. This will be our 6th Christmas together. And for that I am blessed. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment