Monday, October 12, 2015

My baby shower

My baby shower was held on Sat. Oct. 10th at 6 that night at my parents house. Rewind to planning the shower. I never realized how much work it took to planning something. I feel we kept it fairly simple yet hours and hours and hours were put into planning, lots of money was spent by the time you get the food, decorations (even if they're cheap), and everything planned. I am grateful for my mom and sisters' help into planning this special day for me. Because my mom is working and I am not, I volunteered to buy pretty much everything to help her out. So I met up with my sister one of the days to buy some decorations. The other stuff I just bought at walmart while I was out and about. I ended up ordering a diy headband making kit off amazon. When I received it, I had to put hours of time into cutting around each flower because they were all sewn onto a tulle fabric, along with having to cut the elastic and gluing them together to make the actual headbands. I wrote and sent out all the invitations, and also made the party favors. My sister met me at my parents house the day before the shower to bake the cupcakes (because she had the tin for them) and also plan the games because we still had not figured out exactly what we would be doing. We spent all day mainly chatting and procrastinating on everything. We did get a couple things done though. On Sat. I woke up early and met up with my mom to do the shopping for the food and any last minute items we needed for that night. We then came back to my parents and spent ALL day prepping food, getting games ready, and doing the decorating. It was warm, but fairly breezy that day and I was expecting a decent amount of people to show up so we ended up setting everything up outside. We braced the wind and just went with it hoping the wind would die down that evening like it usually..ok sometimes.. does. 6 o'clock rolls around and guests started to show up. There wasn't quite as many people that showed up as I was expecting, so I suppose we could have done it inside and avoided the wind, but, what do you do, just go with flow. I'll just post the pictures now because they basically show the evening.
While getting everything ready for the night, my sister came in with a diaper cake that her, my mom and two sisters' had made for me. Definitely made me feel special and I was IN LOVE. It screams me with all the pink, glitter, and decorations. LOVED IT.

Just a few decorations on the front porch.

A bunch of my ultrasound pictures I have gotten over the months. Just a decoration piece. 

Kinda hard to see in the picture, but this was one of the games we played. There are 3 baby pictures of Caleb and 3 of me. The guests had to guess how old we were in each photo.

Party favor and gift table.

This was the diy headband station, something I was VERY excited about. I had never seen this done at a shower and thought it would be fun for guests to do while waiting for other people to show up or if people were mingling or whatever. After the night was over, only 1 headband was made. So, sounds like I will make the rest just how I want them to be ;) 

These were the cupcakes my sister made. They turned out SO delicious. We went with a pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Perfect for a fall shower.

The guests. All family but one.

The party favors and game winner gifts. These were kind of a nightmare. Long story short, I had to run to the store 3 different times to get these baggies filled with candy because I kept running out. I didn't expect to have to buy so much candy to fill the bags! The guests got pretty much every candy you can think of because there is quite the variety in them. haha

The party favors, game winner prizes, and gift table.

The table cloths are actually pink, bad lighting I guess. This was for when the guests first arrived. I needed them to write their name and address on an envelope. The rocks were last second weights we gathered from the driveway because the wind kept blowing anything and everything off the tables.

I had "give the mommy to be advise" cards that was also on the table when they first came in.

The food table. Dinner was sandwiches, chips, fruit with dip, vegetable tray, cupcakes, water, and a  slushie drink aka sherbet and 7up. 

Doing the games. We played 3 games. The first was how old were we game? The board above with a few of mine and Caleb's baby pictures. 2nd game was unscramble the words game and they were timed. And the 3rd, was a baby scategories game. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on games so these few just took a small amount of time which I liked. 

My best friend Katie from when we were babies came to my shower. I had not seen her since hair school! It was so so good to see her and catch up. Miss that girl! Excuse the fact that I look like a whale.

Opening gifts.

Again, opening gifts. I received a bunch of home made blankets. So thoughtful of the people who took the time to make them! I am SET on blankets. I also received just a few nick knack items. A wipes container, a couple toys, a few books, thermometer, a couple sleepers, a book that can document all things adorable and stats and what not for baby girl, a thing of lotion and bum cream, a couple outfits, and crates for baby girls' room. I appreciate everyone that came and supported me and our baby and took the time out of their day to stop by. We kept the shower short and sweet and it lasted just over an hour. It was SO windy that I think everyone was done being outside. haha After everyone left, I told my sister that I think I had a million braxton kicks contractions just during the shower. I'm supposed to go in if I have more than 5 an hours but this has happened before and it's usually just from me overdoing it. She insisted I sit down. It had been a huge couple of days that were non stop going so I was sure my body was just telling me to sit and be done because I was way overdoing it. We got everything cleaned up from outside and was organizing and putting away everything in the house. I finally was able to go home and boy was I wiped by the time I got home. I didn't do anything but talk to Caleb and go to bed. The next day I don't think I have ever felt so sore in my life! My contractions definitely slowed way down, but my legs, hips and back were just so so sore. So, Sunday, I didn't do a thing. I sat, and I rested, I went and did the order at Calebs work with him, and then I sat and rested some more. Today, (Monday) I am feeling much better. Being that sore and realizing just how limited I am is just showing how close this baby is to being here! I feel bad when I just need to sit or am not much help because I am needing to sit, but it's true that there really isn't anything I can do about it. Just makes me feel bad watching instead of helping. Anyway. Now that the shower is over, I can REALLY see what all we need to get and can start getting everything ready for her arrival. I still feel like there's tons to get and stuff to do. So, one day at a time, and I have just been breaking it down and doing little by little as time goes by. I'm SO excited to meet this baby girl! I want it to be December already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment