Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4th of July--6 years!

This 4th of July was funner than a bunch of previous ones. For years, Caleb has had to work on this day and since we obviously didn't have kids, I was usually just at home alone, or I'd maybe meet up with my family. This year was I believe the 1st time in 6 years that he has been able to enjoy this holiday with me and I was SO happy about that! First things first, 6 years ago me and Caleb officially got engaged at the parade! Crazy it's been 6 years.
We were just babies!

As for yesterday, Caleb oh so happily went to the parade with me and my mom and then we met up with my brother, his wife, and their two kids. I haven't been to the parade probably since we got engaged so I must say, I understand why Caleb wasn't thrilled to go. Ha it was kind of lame. But, it's something to do on the 4th and I was excited to take Kinley since it's her first 4th of July! She didn't have a clue what was going on and we actually ended up leaving a bit early since she was getting pretty fussy and way beyond tired. 



thrilled about being at the parade haha I must say, he's a good sport about it even though he didn't really care to go.


After the parade, we dropped my mom off at her house, then we came home and just hung out for the afternoon. Made lunch, took a much needed little nap, kinda cleaned up the house, then that late afternoon, we headed back out to my parents house for dinner. We just hung out there till it was time to start getting Kinley ready for bed. 
He thinks he is so funny. ha



A little side note, earlier this week, we had a little neighbor boy come by (he allwayyys comes by for something) to see if I would buy this 1 little firework for a dollar. He was too cute to say no too so I gave him a dollar for it. 

After we put Kinley to bed, we waited till it was dark and me and Caleb went outside to light off our 1 firework haha. It was a dud at first which had us laughing because we lost a buck. After lighting it over and over it finally went off. That whole 5 second firework was how we ended our 4th of July :) 
It overall was a fun day. It was nice to be able to have Caleb to celebrate the holiday with. And holidays with kids are just that much more fun. Happy 4th of July!
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment