Friday, July 21, 2017

Primary children's and my birthday

We went down to Primary Children's last week for a follow up appointment for Kinley. We stayed in Bountiful this time which was actually kind of nice. The first day, we drove down, got settled into our hotel, then went and got dinner at Chuck a Rama, came back, and I took Kinley swimming at the hotel pool. She LOVED swimming. She's such a water baby. We got ready for bed and hit the sack. That was that for the first day. 2nd day was her appointment. We got up that morning and me and Kinley went down for the continental breakfast. We got ready to head to Primary Children's. Kinley was scared to death and cried/screamed most of the time during the actual appointment. She has major stranger danger and this time was probably the worst case she's had. She would shake and cling to me with absolute fear when the nurse was doing his routine, weight check, height check, etc. She's in the 27th percentile for weight, and 33rd for height. The outcome of the appointment actually went very well. Kinley is doing amazing which is such a blessing. If things continue to do well and if she has no seizures till April, then at that appointment, they will do a repeat EEG. If that looks good, then we can talk about weening her off her medication. Eeeek!! I know it's just medication, but, there has been so much battle with her taking it, spitting it out, throwing it up, pharmacies not carrying it, multiple pharmacy transfers, having to make it every night since it is in pill form, no pharmacy carrying the syrup to make it, frustration with having to bring it to inconvenient places, giving it at the same time every day, just blah. Lots of headache with it. So, we are praaaayying that that can be a real goal here within a year or so! After the appointment, we had to go to the lab for her to have blood work again. As always, it's not fun, but it's something that has to be done so I always just pray for a nurse that is gentle, sympathetic, and good. And we got her this time. She nailed it on the first try and let her pick a toy afterwards. After the blood work, we ate lunch there at the hospital, then packed up to head back home. We will have another blood draw and possible appointment down at primarys between now and April. Otherwise, things are pretty smooth sailing which makes us so happy!
Lots of anxiety behind those grins. 

What we do at every hotel anymore haha

At dinner


At Primarys

My birthday was Wednesday and it was such a good day! I woke up that morning and was doing the usual morning routine when I accidentally saw that under Caleb's desk was a couple of bags. He probably meant to hide them but I saw them! Haha. So all morning I was giddy because I was excited to see what he got me. It came up in a conversation later that morning and we totally were dying about it. Later when I opened them I was so excited! I seriously just want clothes and Caleb thinks it's not a very personable gift. But with me and my weight loss and still trying to find clothes, it's what I want and need. And that's just what I got. I liked them all but they all were too big. He also got me a bracelet. I've been wanting clothes and jewelry. He nailed it. Haha. After me thinking I was done with the whole gift thing, he said that that was just a portion of it and that the other half was in the Swiss rolls box. Hahaha. I go to the cupboard and there was a little box in the Swiss rolls. I opened it and it was a gorgeous necklace. I love jewelry and I especially love when the pieces I have are from Caleb. They mean a lot to me. He did so good and completely spoiled me. After the gifts, I made lunch, and put Kinley down for her nap. After her nap, my mom, sister and nephew stopped by. My sister was so kind and got me a gift card to a craft type store and I'm stoked to go buy something. Seriously I feel so loved! Once they left, we left to go exchange the clothes for some that fit. Kinley threw temper tantrums most of the time while shopping. We are hitting the terrible twos for sure. She made it hard, but we got it done and my clothes fit me and are so cute! After shopping, we went to dinner. I chose firehouse grill. We had never been so it was fun to try something new. We all enjoyed our dinner and it was fun to just be out as a family. After dinner we came back home and did our usual night routine. I seriously felt so loved and spoiled all day. Besides Kinley's tantrums, she was pretty happy which made the day overall a good one. Happy 25th birthday to me!

Firehouse grill 

Shopping. She was climbing on every shelf hiding and would shout "boo!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment