Tuesday, June 19, 2012

priesthood blessings :)

So last night after work, me and caleb went over to my grandmas house to see my dad and grandma for a bit. real reason of going over was so that my husband and dad could give me a blessing. ive been feeling so down about life lately and feel that nothing has gone right for so long and i felt that getting a blessing could possibly help me out. so my husband is all pretty new at this seeing that he didnt go on a mission and his dad doesnt hold the priesthood. so he got a lesson from my dad. and Caleb did great :) and let me tell you, when my dad started the actual blessing, i just broke down in tears. and i couldnt keep them back. there is something SO awesome about the priesthood and the spirit was very strong. my dad gave me such a nice blessing, and just the feeling of comfort was something i have been needing for so long. that blessing was just what i needed. and even though its not going to solve my problems i truely know that it will help me out.

after the blessing, i went and said hi to my dearest grandma. and every time i see her it is just more and more tough. she couldnt even talk. all i could do was say hello, tell her i love her and to hang in there. i gave her a hug and said goodbye. i love going to help her out and watch her if i need too but it is hard to watch someone that you love so much be in such a horrible condition, especially when all you remember is them talking, laughing, and being a great grandma.

anyways. not much more has gone on. ive stayed home the last week from school cause these side effects are wack. hopefully they die down soon.

i have now lost 13.8 pounds!! happy day!! i never thought this would actually happen! people are right about  you gain weight when you get married. but not for longer! this weight is coming off!!

well, until next time...

1 comment:

  1. oh shalei- I just love you. I got a priesthood blessing a couple weeks too, and i totally agree with you- sometimes you just need that special comfort. Hang in there! Way to go on losing 13.8 pounds!! I myself am trying to lose weight...but it doesn't seem to be working. I have been running every day for 30 minutes for a month, and I've lost like a pound hahahaha. Anyway, thanks for the post- love ya!

    ReplyDelete