Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas this year was super great! Previous years around the holidays I would typically have a pitty party because I was bitter, sad, and depressed that it was taking so long to get a sweet baby here. It seemed to be that those were the times that were especially hard. Now that we have Kinley, Christmas was just everything I hoped it would be. I didn't care about presents or anything. I had everything I have EVER wanted--a family. I had my baby to hold around the Christmas tree. I didn't feel like the black sheep on either side of the families because we have Kinley. I don't know, the feelings with everything were just different this year and I felt so blessed and grateful for how my life is right now.

Christmas day we woke up and got ready. Me and Caleb opened our presents to each other which was fun because I think for the past 2 or 3 years we really hadn't been able to give each other a gift. Caleb's gifts from me was a pair of new shoes, and then in his stocking I put new socks, a money clip, and some peanut m&ms. The shoes were kinda big so we need to return those and either exchange or trade em out or something. For me from Caleb, I got a new perfume and in my stocking were some bath bombs, my absolute favorite!

We then came upstairs to have Christmas with my family. We ended up eating a super great lunch before we did presents since we were waiting for my sister and her little family to finish Christmas with her in-laws. Finally we got to gifts I think around 3 that afternoon. Gifts given to us from my parents was a crib mattress and some money. To Kinley from my parents she got a doll, and some clothes. From my sister, she got me a pair of sweats, and to Caleb she got him a 12 pack of coke and some rice krispie treats haha. He loved that over anything else he got.

The rest of the day we just hung out and enjoyed family! Here's some pictures.
I looked at a couple different places for Christmas eve pjs and no place had any! So, we settled for some panda jammies. She blew through these at 3 that morning so they didn't even make it through the night. haha 

Cozy Christmas day. I didn't realize that we all had red sweats/pants on haha. We were just feeling super Christmasy apparently!

Her little Christmas outfit I got for 2 bucks! So cute. She blew through this that evening, so she at least made it through most of the day.

Merry Christmas from the Niederer's!

A couple random pictures from the last week.
Apparently Libbie thinks that if baby is up at 3 a.m. that she thinks it's play time. haha

Wicked bed head. haha

Caleb had his work Christmas party a couple weeks ago. They went to Fuji for dinner and then afterwards went back to Juds for a white elephant gift exchange and games. It was a lot a fun and Kinley did super great. Everyone was ooing and ahwing over her. Caleb received a Santa outfit for his white elephant gift. It was hilarious. Everyone was getting pictures on Santa's lap and since Kinley hadn't met Santa this year, this worked out perfect. ;) I miss working at Juds! It's always a fun time since I used to work with half the people there. I don't really feel like a stranger at his parties which makes them a lot of fun.

Just ahead of Christmas, me and my mom braved the winter weather and got some Christmas shopping done. Mom ran into a store while I had to feed the baby in the car. #momlife. Even though I miss out on a lot, it's worth it for these tender moments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment