Sunday, December 6, 2015

The first week and a half

Kinley is already 11 days old. It's true that time is already flying by. She is changing every day. My family constantly mentions how she is already looking bigger and it makes me sad because it's only been 11 days! I want her to stay my little tiny forever. It's been a hard, yet great last week and a half. I'll start with the bad and end with the good. The bad/ hard was/is, is that like I mentioned in my last post how I had a bad cold, I still have had that cold. It's mainly gone now but I still have that pesky cough that I hate. On top of that, last Tuesday, I was up all night. Not just from Kinley, but because I had come down with a flu bug of some kind. I spent the next 3 days in the bathroom but it lasted about 4 days before I started to feel more myself again. So those on top of just giving birth, my body is sore and healing, my milk coming in leaving me so sore, I got sick on top of being sick, and being sleep deprived all kinda made for a few rough days. My mom was great and took a half day at work so she was able to help me out. On top of all that, the baby blues have hit. I'm not ashamed. It happens to I think most of us. It hasn't been too bad yet, but I did have a day where I was just being the most giant boob ever. I was weepy for who knows what all dang day, so tired, and I think the adrenaline from the hospital had left and it was ALL just starting to hit me. I know it's all those hormones just trying to regulate themselves, but it can be a bit rough while they are trying to do so! Something else that is SO annoying, is that at night, I will wake up just drenched in sweat. Totally gross I know. My mom said it happened to her after she had all her babies. Again, it's just the hormones I'm sure, but it is totally gross. Every once and a while I'll get the shakes like I'm freezing cold too. It's one extreme to the next. Today I am feeling pretty good. My flu bug is gone, my cold is near over (sorta), my body is healing and I'm not near as sore as I was.

Now onto the good. Being a mom has to me come very natural. I have not felt overwhelmed at all (minus the sicky days). I feel I just know what to do. I have definitely learned to prioritize my time more and I'm still working on that and trying to get more into a routine. It's getting better every day. The nights are probably the hardest. This was what I was most nervous for before kids. I love my sleep, and I sadly turn into a bear if I don't get my sleep. Kinley likes to eat every hour to 2 hours. By the time she wakes up, gets changed, eats, falls back asleep, me take a bathroom break, and then me fall back asleep, I'm only asleep for maybe a half hour to an hour and a half tops. There have been some nights I feel I get zero sleep, and then last night was hands down the best yet and she was going about 2.5 to 3 hours between feedings. I can function MUCH better if it's like that. I don't know how mom's do that and have to be up bright and early to work or whatever. It's a challenge for sure. I'm sure this all will get better with time (hopefully, at least).

We had her first doctors appointment the day after we got home. She weighed 6 pounds 9 oz and was super healthy! She was slightly jaundice but otherwise super healthy.

Her little cord fell off exactly 1 week after she was born. Faster than we expected. It's definitely nice to not have to worry about anymore though.

My weight shed off like it was nothing. I was shocked. I thought for sure my body type was going to be one that I had to work hard to lose a pound. I only gained 10 pounds during my pregnancy and at 1 week post partum I was down 20 pounds leaving me at 10 pounds pre pregnancy weight. Today I am 15 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight. I have NO idea why now after a pregnancy my body decides to shed the weight when there have been past times I would work my butt off just to find I hadn't lost a pound. It was so frustrating in the past so now that it's happening makes me thrilled and very grateful. All I want is to be healthy and look good. It's SO nice being able to actually fit into clothes again. My old pants fit, my shirts aren't tight or belly shirts anymore, and I'm much more comfortable in my clothes.

 Something crazy is how things are just back to how they were just like that. I have had ZERO heartburn, acid reflux, or nausea (besides the flu) and haven't had to take anything for it. I feel cold again! It's so wonderful! I remember feeling like I would just be ROASTING and it was like 68 degrees in the house, now if it's under 70 I'm just chilly and grabbing jackets. I probably really did freeze Caleb out at our apartment all summer. :/ Sorry tutz! I can sleep when I get to sleep, and I'm oh so comfortable. I can turn in my sleep no problem, and oh how I have missed sleeping on my stomach. I can bend over no problem, my shirts aren't belly shirts, the fridge doesn't bump my belly when I open it, and I just feel so much lighter and quicker to move. I do already miss having my belly and feeling her move inside me. I never thought I would miss it, but I truly do.

Other than that, things are great. Me and Caleb are still doing good. He is so cute with Kinley. It's fun to watch. He before had had NO experience with babies so to see him hold her, talk to her, rock her, is quite possibly the cutest thing ever.

I have a load of pictures that show our last week and a half.
Always checking on her. He fell asleep next to her. 


First bath at home=a disaster. Haha note to self, don't attempt to sponge bathe them in the tub. The next bath we just did at the sink while I held her and Caleb washed her little body. It worked out waaay batter. Still learning. haha

Just so cozy while asleep.

So I kid you not when I say she is theeee SMILIEST newborn I have ever seen. She grins all day every day. Not at you necessarily, but in her sleep, after she eats, or when daddy talks to her. It's like she is thrilled she is finally here. I have caught a few smiles on my phone and they are just the most darling things ever! Cutest little grin I ever did see!

Daddy playin with my toes.

My pretty girl.

The snuggles will never get old. I LOVE this.

Bonding with dad. 

I was able to get some newborn pictures taken last week. I do wish I could pay a professional but you do with what you got and I wanted to have some pictures of her as a newborn. Excuse the phone quality. She is 5 days old here. 




Love this one!




one smile..

Another smile! And it's SO darling I can't stand it. 


Also LOVE this one. I love the rings with tiny toes. 

Precious tiny toes

And today I was able to take some family pictures. Again, it was with a phone. Thanks to my sister that took them. :)






By the time we had Caleb get some shots with her, she was very done, so sadly we didn't get many. This was the only one that turned out. 

I really like this one.

Favorite one!


Anyway, things are great and we're adjusting well. Happy 1.5 weeks baby girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment