Friday, February 24, 2017

Official weight loss post

Well, I did it! I have officially hit my goal of losing about 75 pounds! I never thought I would get to this point but I now have and I couldn't be more excited. It's crazy looking back now and realizing just how bad my eating habits used to be. I am no health nut now by any means, but I do eat way less, and less crap for sure. I try to work out almost every day. Some weeks are better than others but I do try to get some sort of physical activity in. I have cut out eating out almost completely which at the beginning was VERY, very hard for me. I used to eat fast food almost daily before. Not good, I know. I don't drink neeeaaar the soda, candy, sugar, or junk food that I used too, I have limited my pasta and breads, eaten smaller portions, upped my water intake, and overall just tried to eat better. It is crazy the difference. I remember things that just made me feel frustrated or insecure. Little things like sitting on the floor was something I really almost couldn't do. I NEVER was able to find clothes when I'd go shopping...seriously it was so so depressing. Being almost double the size of my husband was something that to me was very hard. I know he's just a little guy, but every picture I had I was literally almost double the size of him and I didn't want to be one of those couples. I was constantly cropping out our bodies and only doing head shots and even then I was just frustrated with each picture. Basically feeling like I needed suspenders or something to keep my pants up. I had a gut that would push down my pants and I was CONSTANTLY pulling up my pants or just holding them up by holding onto my belt loops the entire time I would walk. I remember sitting on a hard chair at church and seriously thinking, "my gosh these are incredibly uncomfortable". Well, now, I just realized it was because I couldn't fit well on the chair. I used to no longer be able to cross my legs when I sat down. Having to wear every pair of jeans unbuttoned constantly or even unzipped if I was sitting. Huffing and puffing while trying to tie my shoes or bend over for anything. Going snowboarding and seriously almost not being able to get my boot strapped into the binding because my gut was in the way. I would always have to flip to my toes to get up because I was too big to pull myself up. Going to the doctor being told I most likely had diabetes and that I needed to loose weight. Those are just some of the main things I remember that were big challenges for me at the time and I did NOT want to live my life like that any longer. I wanted to be healthy, happy, and be able to be comfortable and move and live a healthy life. Since losing the weight, I can do everything opposite of what I just wrote and it feels amazing. I can run and jump, sit on the floor (actually, I prefer it), take a picture with my husband and feel ok about it, put on a pair of jeans and button them up, find clothes when I go shopping, cross my legs, sit on a hard chair, tie my shoes, just THINGS that make me feel alive! I KNOW I am healthier and to me, that is the most important. I want to be able to raise my family in a healthy house and have my children know how important it is to take care of your body. Anyway, here is a before and after picture to show the difference!
Left--203 lbs.               Right--128-130 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment