Thursday, February 16, 2017

More sickness, Valentines day, and random updates

So basically all of January was awful to say the least. It was one sickness on top of the other. Just after both me and Kinley got over the stomach flu, Caleb got a cold for the week. Then I came down with I think was a sinus infection and it knocked me to my butt. I felt like crap. Before I could get over what I had, Kinley then got sick. She wasn't perking up and on the 6th day she got really bad really fast. I ended up taking her to the doctor and kick myself in the pants wishing I had done so earlier, but we found out there that she indeed had RSV. She was miserable. Lethargic. She had thrown up 2 to 4 time a day and night from coughing so hard and I had done ALL I could do. Coughs are the WORST. No sleep (that's nothing new, but we're talkin NO sleep) due to the coughing. I would hold her in my recliner on my chest so that she was propped up and if she fell asleep I usually ended up just trying to somewhat rest in the recliner until she had another cough fit. The worst of it was about 2 weeks and although she's basically over it, she still will randomly have cough fits and you can still hear the junk in her lungs. She puked the other night from coughing so hard. The doctor did say that it'll linger for weeks. So, it's been just very wearing. 

Miserable. She fell asleep on me at the doctors which is SOO not her. 

If she was asleep basically sitting up and somewhat on top of me, I wouldn't move. She needed sleep so bad and if this was the best way she could without coughing for 5 min, then that's what would end up happening. 

As awful as it is with having a sick kido, the snuggles are wonderful!


Valentines this year was basically another day. We really aren't big on the holiday and usually keep it very simple. I made Caleb a heart shaped rice krispie treat (so easy, and one of his favorites) and one of his favorite dinners--lasagna. We were gonna go out to dinner the next day but then just wasn't feeling it. haha. We are kinda lame, we know. But we both just don't really care. He's my valentine every day and I love his stinkin guts. I prefer to celebrate love day, everyday.



My sister Kristie went to the Valentines dance and I got to do her hair. She loved it, and I thought it turned out very pretty. 



And now for pictures. They're random and not in order, but it's what we're up too. Again, mostly all of Kinley because she's my life!
 Kinley loves her new cousin Audrey

Kinley and her cousins playing in grandma's cupboard. I have pictures of me when I was a little girl playing in the same cupboard.

If she hears the dryer door open, she swoops in and climbs in every time haha

I find her here ALL the time.

Just watching dad shovel snow.

Dad and his girls

I'll find her feeding her baby every now and again.

I don't think I mentioned it, but my sister and her family has moved back from Logan and I am SO excited. Last year was very hard having her be gone. 

ALWAYS pulls out my shoes and plays with them but for some reason, these boots are her favorite.

Kinley loves playing with my phone and I found a selfie of her the other day and had a good laugh. 

More cousin loves

Just bein cute

I made a new wreath for our front door and also pulled out my vinyl cutter and made the c, s, and &, then painted the wooden frames and hung them above our bed. 

As for other news, Caleb and his job is just doing amazing. We have seen such great things happen since he's become an owner and we feel very blessed because of it. He stays busy with work, but doesn't have to work 60 hours a week so we can make it by and it's been wonderful.

I am doing pretty good. I'll admit that I've got the seasonal blues if you will. Between the weather, not being able to get outside, and all the sickness I've dealt with, I am MORE than ready for spring and some sunshine. I did book myself an appointment to get my eyebrows tattoo'd on and I am excited/nervous, but can't wait to make my awful brows amazing haha

Kinley, besides being sick, and trying to cut teeth, she's doing good. She has to get more bloodwork done next week which we all are dreading but know it has to be done. She's growing like a weed and is somewhat starting to say words. She can so far say Elmo (ahmo) and Juice (juju). She is OBSESSED with Elmo and Caillou. She still doesn't sleep good for me and usually after hours of fighting it every night, she typically ends up in our bed so I can get some sleep. She's still usually up every hour to 3 depending on the night. There was 2 nights in a row she slept till 6 am. I woke up in a panic and thought she had died because it was so odd. haha but man, those 2 nights were what I needed to help me not lose my mind haha. 

Libbie is good too. She only likes Kinley if Kinley gives her food, otherwise, she really isn't a fan. haha. She stays by Caleb most the time. 

We go to Boise for Caleb's work in 1.5 weeks so I'm praying we all stay well and healthy for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment