Friday, February 24, 2017

My Kinler babe

Kinley had to get another blood draw for her epilepsy the other day and it was again not the best experience. I think we will be trying a different lab and hoping for a better experience...as good as it can get anyways. The one lady we keep getting who I believe is kind of head of the lab has just not done good. She can NEVER get the vein and it ends up being someone else to come try. She's kind of rude and is the old hag I've talked about previously. If we could get it done at Primary's each time, that would be great because they have always done the best. Anyway, we are waiting for results with that. I feel bad complaining about Kinley and all she has to go through because of her epilepsy because I know there are babies and children out there that have it much, much worse. But, I don't feel like this has been an easy road for us either and although it has gotten TONS better, everything from the seizures themselves, fighting her to take her medicine daily, constant dosage changes, the many blood draws, traveling, doctors appointments, phone calls back and forth from primary's, anxiety and everything, it is still something we battle and is always something we will have buzzing in the back of our minds. I feel like I have always been a sympathetic person, but this trial has opened my eyes even more of how you seriously just don't take life for granted. My heart aches for people with health problems, especially babies and children, along with the parents of those children. It is a very time consuming, constant issue, and very hard on parents to watch and not be able to take it away from their babies. Kinley has taught me just small things with this trial as well. It has brought me and Caleb closer together and has had us rely on the Lord more than I ever have for anything else in my life.
Pokes in each arm with lots of prodding in each. Fed her her favorite dinner and she was fine once we got home.

Kinley has been SO much fun lately. She is just about 15 months and is starting to jabber and tries to say words. It's the cutest thing. She ADORES Caleb and he can make her laugh more than anyone. Melts this mama's heart into a giant puddle each time. I have some funny videos of her but not sure how to upload them to here. This last week was the first week of her being alive that she has slept well! I almost don't want to talk about it because I'm afraid I will jinx it. haha! We are up early at 5:30 or 6 am with maybe only 1 time of getting up in the night. But, it has been wonderful and I can't believe how much better I feel with some sleep in my body! I am really hoping it continues. She still only takes her one nap a day for 30 min. She is obsessed with both Elmo and Caillou and will park her cute little bum inches from the tv and be glued. I'm sure some mom's will think that's a waste of time, but it's the only way I can get something done or have a little quiet time. She gave me and Caleb a scare last night and legitimately had choked on her dinner. After giving her a second to see if she could work it out herself and quickly realizing how serious it was, I quickly pulled her out of her high chair. We were pounding on her back trying to get it to come up and it wasn't. She kept trying to throw up but couldn't. She turned blue and I was seriously panicking at this point. I stuck my entire finger down her throat to get that food out. Still couldn't get it and It must have finally gone down because it never came up. I've never wanted someone to puke so bad before. It was awful and actually very very scary. It probably lasted a good 2 to 3 min. Way too long. I was glad Caleb was there by me. She barely had her first top tooth pop through a few weeks ago and then like a day ago her 2nd top tooth barely popped through. So she really only has her 2 bottom teeth that are actually big enough to chew. So it will be nice when she gets more teeth and can chew her food better. Life is so fun with her. I love having it be just me, her, and Caleb. Anyways. Here are a few pictures.

This Sunday, she just layed on me forever. We all just watched shows, cuddled, and napped. It was great!

One of the days it was actually nice here, I took her outside to play for the first time this year and she LOVED it. I have a feeling this summer we will be spending a ton of time playing outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment