Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lab results, Boise, Tattoo'd eyebrows

Kinley's blood work came back and everything still looks good which is good. No dosage change this time which I think is the first time we have not had to adjust it since she was diagnosed with her epilepsy. So, that's all good!

Last weekend, we went to Boise for a quick trip. Caleb had a couple meetings for his work so me and Kinley tagged along. We just hung out at the hotel since it was a quick trip.
Kinley surprisingly did really good for the car ride both there and back. We had elmo and caillou set up on our kindle and it kept her occupied for a while. She took good naps there and back too. The car is the only place she will sleep pretty well for her naps so that is a plus when it comes to traveling. Sleep, snacks, Caillou, what more could someone want? ha

Caleb's meetings went well which is always good. He didn't get back till almost 11 the first night and then was up and at it again that morning.

Since Caleb had to leave that morning, I was still using things from all of our bags which meant it was up to me to check out of the hotel alone. I have done this multiple times before but it was before we had Kinley. I was nervous I was going to really struggle getting our crap down to the car with one hand while holding Kinley in the other. Thankfully, she sat here on the cart the way down to the car and it ended up being a piece of cake. haha She kept going "eeeee!". That's weeeee to us haha

The day after we got back from Boise, I had an appointment to get my eyebrows tattoo'd on. I was seriously SO nervous. I had heard from quite a few people that the pain was really intense, and this also was the VERY FIRST time I had EVER left my Kinley. EVER. I was having a crap ton of anxiety about it even though Caleb was the one staying home with Kinley which I was grateful for. I probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't him tending her. Anyway, Caleb and Kinley did fine, which I knew they would. He even got her to sleep for a nap which was the first time he's ever been able to do that. As far as my eyebrows went, it went good! The pain was so little and was a piece of cake. I am SO happy I did them. I have wanted them done for about 5 years now. I remember a few years back when I was determined to start losing weight, I had made myself a weight loss chart to help me stay on track. At the end up of the chart I made, if I had lost x amount of weight I was going to buy myself a pair of white pants. I remember that I REALLY wanted a pair and that's how I was going to reward myself. I was showing Caleb my chart and he told me I should do a bigger reward so it was more motivating because in the end, I probably would have just bought me the white pants because they weren't that much. I remember thinking, "yeah, he's totally right." So I switched the white pants to tattoo'd eyebrows. And now that I have reached my goal, I FINALLY got my eyebrows done. It was expensive but I also don't feel too bad just because I worked and still work hard to maintain my weight, I don't go get my hair done each month, or my nails, lashes, anything I would love to actually do. I cut and color my hair myself. So, I felt like this is the first thing I have done for myself in a very long long time. 
Here's a before and after. I ended up doing a combination brow which is both soft tap and microblading. I have always been super self conscious of my brows and have often been teased about them. I had no clue what I was doing when I was like, idk, 12 or something and plucked them WAY too thin and then they never grew back. Even before I plucked them, I never ever had a nice set of brows. I had to draw them in every day and it was such a frustrating thing to me. I am so glad I got them tattoo'd on. This is obviously the first session. They're kinda scary right now just because they are still really dark and they're all scabbed up and still in the healing process. I am super excited for the 2nd session here in about a month to make any small changes I want and to perfect the color. I'm gonna have her go slightly closer together and maybe a hair thicker. We'll see once they're completely healed and how they look.


No comments:

Post a Comment