Tuesday, February 26, 2013

and sometimes the roads are slick







all day today at school i felt like i should check my phone. and when i got home i realized i was right the whole time. obviously nothing too serious. but i will admit that this here is one of my BIGGEST fears. ever. i dont know what it is exactly but over time i have developed quite the anxiety about loved ones getting in car accidents. even if it is just a slide off or a fender bender. i will work myelf up and make myself sick if i think about it too much. so i like to be behind the wheel at all times. so today when i got home from school i asked Caleb how work was and he looked at me and just laughed. of coarse im thinking hes probably laughing because it was rediculously slow or something. he says "you must not have checked your phone?" i sure didnt. so he pulls up his pictures on his phone and shows me a pic of our car in a ditch. 

Heres the story: Caleb is driving through a school zone and slows down to 20 mph. he hits a patch of super slick ice and it throws him across the opposite side of the road and into the ditch. the end.

see. not horrible. but it still scares me cause i had a husband and dog in that car! a husband and dog i love an awful lot. so he had to get a tow truck to come pull him out (bye bye $60 :( ) and he ended up not going to work because it took the tow truck so long to get there. btw, if your wondering why there is a random pic of my dog, its cause she is watching out the window of grandpa fixing/looking at the car for damage. anyways, little things like this that happen make me value my marriage so much more. it could have been worse than it was. live every day to its fullest. Im grateful Caleb and Libbie are ok. I love Caleb more than he will ever know and more than words could ever say.

No comments:

Post a Comment