Thursday, August 21, 2014

Goals

This last month I have tried to make some goals.

Goal #1..Since Caleb's new schedule at work, he just is never home much or if he is, we only see each other for a little bit at night. Seems like anyways. We both felt like we never see each other much. So we decided to REALLY try to squeeze in a date night once a week again. Not that we don't EVER do stuff together, because we do..but just not like we used to. We used to be pro at this when we had the same schedules back in the day. But since life gets busy and schedules change, it's hard to squeeze in that time that a couple needs. So last Monday we went on a date. And it was amazing. Nothing fancy, nor does it need to be. But to go out together for even a little while is worth squeezing in.

We ended up having a busy weekend before so we kept it chill and went to see Into the Storm. We totally got ripped off because the screen didn't work for 20 min of the beginning of the movie. So, don't ask what happened because we would not be able to tell you. It was just us two in the theater. I LOVE it when it's like that :) We aren't a fan of crowds. haha afterwards, we picked up Papa Murpheys (which was a waste..not worth it) came home, baked our pizzas, ate dinner, and pretty much chilled for the rest of the night. Going to movies brings back a TON of memories of me and Caleb in our dating times. It's when me and Caleb first cuddled haha and I will never forget how Caleb made the move. So funny. It's where we went ALL the time. Sometimes we would watch 2 movies in a row. Expensive? yes. Fun? absolutely :) Movies are our favorite. I love this boy of mine.

Goal #2.. This one is a little more personal. I'm sure you people have been seeing a few of my posts on Instagram and Facebook and sorry if I'm one of those annoying girls' that posts too much about it. I now see why people do post their progress. It's hard work, and when you achieve it, your proud and want to tell the whole world. But anyways, lately I have felt I am in a slump. I have had a lot of stress. My husband was never home because he was at work. I was depressed a lot because I was home a LOT of days and nights by myself. Baby stuff has been weighing heavy on my mind and heart. Obviously I have mentioned a little bit in previous posts about our process of trying to get pregnant. Well, still no luck. I have been frustrated. My health is still not where I wish it were. So, I was sick of it. I was tired of letting hardships define me. I was tired of being sad about something I cannot control. I know in the past when I worked out (WHEN I worked out ha ha) I felt better about life. So I made up my mind that I just REALLY wanted to give it my all this go around. So I started running. I started running at nights when my husband was gone to give me something to do. My first run was awful. I could barely run a quarter mile. I was breathing heavy, felt like I could pass out at any second. I was horribly out of shape. I came home and questioned why in the world people work out because it's miserable. Day 2. I ran a little more. Day 3. A little more. Finally about a couple weeks into it, I noticed I was getting stronger. I could keep a pace and run longer than I ever used to. And the weirdest part...I started to like it.
It started with 1 mile. Then worked my way into 2 miles. I was able to run 2.67 miles straight through and thought that was the most amazing thing ever. And for once, I felt truly proud of reaching one of my goals. I made it past one week of working out without giving up even though it was awful getting there. I ran on days I could. And skipped the days I didn't have time or when it was too stormy to. That 2.67 mile run turned into 3 miles. Then 4. And tonight, I met one of my bigger goals that I thought would never happen. I ran...
5.27 miles! And I ran 5.1 of those straight through and the rest a cool down. I ran it at the park. I had kept passing this guy that started the same time I did. He passed me at about mile 4 and said "great job!" And that was my second wind to get me to mile 5. I was so proud of myself. I don't really know if that's a lot for a true runner, but for someone that doesn't work out, i'd say that's pretty good. The biggest thing I have noticed is that running has helped me in the way I hoped it would. Those endorphin's are real. I've felt better, happier and it's nice to feel like you have accomplished something. My true goal at the beginning of all this was to be able to run 6 miles without stopping. When I first thought that, I deep down thought I was nuts and that was overdoing it. But now that I have gotten to run past 5 miles I have no doubt that I can hit 6 mi. Maybe I should set a goal to run a half marathon or something. Who knows. Anyways. I have reached another goal and I'm SO glad I did. I'll keep updating my progress. :)

And a couple side notes..I got to hang out with my brother in Idaho Falls the other day. Just us two. It was a lot of fun! Me and him are pals and get along super well. 
Thanks for the fun day bro :) Love you!


And today is Thursday which in Instagram world means throwback Thursday. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the whole MCM, Transformation Tue., WCW, TBT, Flashback Fri...unless people post fun things to see. I VERY rarely post on this day but today I decided to post an engagement picture....


It was 4 years ago that me barely 18 yrs old and Caleb almost 21 yrs old were planning our wedding, moving into our 1st apartment, and getting so beyond excited to become husband and wife. I was thinking about it a lot today. Crazy to see how our lives have changed in 4 years. It put me in a good mood thinking about all the exciting things we have shared together. Dating, engagement, wedding, marriage. It's all been more than I could have ever imagined. I absolutely LOVE it all. I'm so blessed to be able to share it all with such an amazing guy by my side. I love you Caleb <3




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Shalei! Nice job on the running I so need to be better at that and I love the engagement pics, so cute!

    ReplyDelete