Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Last couple weeks...

Here's what we've been up to the last couple weeks...
I have realllyyyy tried to pick up running! I go through these phases where I will run for a week, then stop, then pick it back up, so on and so forth. But this time I have REALLY tried to stick through that "ugh I seriously don't want to go" stage and have done pretty good! I know I haven't gotten smaller yet, but I have definitely gotten stronger. My first run, I seriously could barely run a quarter of a mile. No joke. And now I feel as though I can just run and run. I usually try to run at least 2 miles. I feel that's a good average. If I feel like doing more, I do, and if i'm crunching on time that day, it may only be a mile. But, at least I am beatin all you that are sittin on your rumps on your couch ;) The one thing that I have noticed that I LOVE is that I feel so much happier when I run. I know it's those endorphin's. But it makes me feel proud, strong, healthy, and happy. Who knew. 
This picture doesn't do it justice, but I had gone running, in the rain. I was sweaty and felt soaking wet. I felt hardcore, not gonna lie, but also felt TOTALLY creeped out running at night. I love night runs over morning, but I seriously need to invest in a treadmill! If you know anyone that has one for sale for a good price let me know :) 

I have been back to nights by myself a lot these last couple weeks since Caleb has picked up so many extra shifts. Gosh. I hate being a total baby about him being gone. But its seriously hard! I do ok until it gets dark out. He also ends up taking Libbie to his parents so they can watch her why we both work. It works out great and that way she can get out to use the bathroom and isn't locked up all day, but then it's just me till Caleb and Libbie come home which is usually around midnight give or take. So nights are sometimes just me, sometimes Libbie is here with me, and SOMETIMES all 3 of us...and those nights are my favorite. 

The weather here has been cloudy and rainy! I swear I get daily flash flood warnings on my phone. Since we had that flood about a month ago, I get nervous any time it rains because the LAST thing I want to happen is my apartment to flood or my nice car to get ruined. I do love the rain though. It's a nice change from all the heat!
I swear pictures never truly show what you see. I was driving home from my parents last night and I seriously could not see the road. It was raining cats and dogs. It's rare to see hard rainstorms here, so when they do happen, I end up taking pictures of it. haha

Caleb bought himself new computer parts for his computer. He has basically waited years and years for this so he was on cloud nine when it came in the mail. 

I have one HAPPY husband. He had me check outside like every half hour ALL day to see if it had come yet and then when he got home from work, HE checked every like 20 min. And just because it's our luck, it didn't come till like 8 that night haha! He was like a little boy on Christmas morning. Love that nerdy husband of mine.


My sister Shandell had her baby shower last night. I feel a little less stressed for her now that she is pretty much set on getting baby supplies. She had a fun, simple shower filled with great people, delicious treats, fun games, and she got some really nice gifts! Thanks to all that came! And thanks Holly for letting me love on your precious babe ;) 







I gave my sister a stroller that matched her car seat, and then I made this cute motorcycle diaper cake. Surprisingly easy to do! I'm so happy for my sister. I cannot WAIT till fall and to be a baby hog and snuggle that nugget all day long. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment