Saturday, August 16, 2014

Niederer reunion

Mainly Friday night and Saturday and into Sunday was the Niederer reunion at Rigby Lake. This year was the first year both me and Caleb could go. We didn't camp it because of Libbie and where it was so close to home, we stayed in our cozy beds and came back up during the day. Anywho. Friday night we headed up, and had a lot of fun! Libbie was a nightmare up there. She wanted to pee on every tree, every rock, bark at other dogs, and just wouldn't chill out. So we ended up taking her back to Caleb's parents house where she can roam, in or outside.

When we dropped her off, we also picked up Caleb's dad and headed back to the lake. That night, we had dutch oven potatoes, and bbq chicken. SO yummy. After dinner, me and Caleb took out the kayak and the canoe. This was a first for me. I hadn't done either one of them. Caleb had in the past with scouts and what not. It was a lot of fun! We were laughing the whole time. We are horrible drivers..steerers..paddlers, whatever you call it. It was hilarious.







After playin in the water for a while, me, Caleb, the nephews, and a couple of his sisters, made the loop around the lake with our scooters, longboards, and bikes. It was so fun to see Caleb interact with the nephews. They all wanted to ride on his longboard. I had never really seen Caleb be that interactive with kids because it's a bit overwhelming. So that was fun to see.


After we made it about half way around the lake, one of my nephews didn't have anything and was just running along with everyone. So I gave him my scooter and hopped on the longboard with Caleb. We have mastered two people riding one longboard. Way fun actually!

Later that night, when the sun was setting, Everyone went out to the lake to fish, or skip rocks, and just hang out.
Caleb was helping one of our nephews how to fish. Who knew he knew how to fish? I didn't. haha

Skipping rocks

My boy <3

After that, me and Caleb ended up going home. We left Libbie at his parents house, so it was just us for the night. We missed that pup of ours but we loved having it be just me and Caleb. We slept through most of the night (besides waking up to obnoxious itchy mosquito bites), and got up late the next morning. Got ready, and headed back to the lake. I didn't get as many pictures this time. We started out just visiting, and had sandwiches for lunch. 

My nephew Parker may just be my favorite. I don't know if I'm allowed to have favorites, but if I am, he would be it. He is the most mellow, happy baby I've ever been with. He lets me hold him, he laughs and smiles with me, and I LOVE that. In this picture, I'm feeding him watermelon. Such a cute boy.

The nephews played some games and had won trophies. (Grandma had made them :))

Making home made ice cream. Tasted DELICIOUS.

And then we of course took the canoe out again. 

We had to leave earlier that day so Caleb could head to work. :( The rest of his family stayed through tomorrow (Sunday). It was a lot of fun! I seriously think the best part was having a Friday and part of Saturday with Caleb. I'm not even joking when I say that I do not remember the last time we had a Friday and part of Saturday off together. Probably at least a year ago. So this weekend was ahhh--mazing! Best part of this...is that as of right now, we have tomorrow and Monday off together too. We are stoked! Anyways, thanks for a great time Niederer fam bam! 

Love,
The Niederer's 







No comments:

Post a Comment