Tuesday, April 21, 2015

First doctors appointment!

Today was the day of FINALLY getting to get that ultrasound and see our little baby! I was nervous beyond words for days prior too. I just wanted everything to be healthy, nothing to be uncomfortable or hurt, and I wanted to feel half decent going. I knew they were going to do the ultrasound, other woman stuff, and draw my blood. All three I was nervous for. I had to take one thing at a time. We first got there and they took us back to do the ultrasound. I was so excited to see our baby! But I am not going to lie, the ultrasound tech did it all so fast, didn't explain anything, and really, we only got to see it for like 30 seconds. The whole thing was over in maybe 2 min. That's with her measuring all of me too. So It all happened so fast that I didn't really get a chance to connect I guess if that's the right word. And I apparently ovulated late so my calculations were off by a week and one day. So instead of all of us thinking I were 9 weeks today, I'm only 7 weeks 6 days. That changed my due date from being Nov. 24th to Dec. 2nd. So that kinda bummed me out too. But, it's all ok. The baby and me looked great. Had a healthy heart beat of 154 bpm, and everything was right on track. And that's what matters.

After the quick ultrasound, we were sent back out to the waiting room to wait to meet with the doctor. We waited for 40 stinkin minutes might I add. UGH! As if I wasn't nervous already, making me wait and wait and wait does not help. And at this point I was needing some food in my stomach cause the nausea was getting worse. Caleb thinks I'm embarrassing as I pull out a peanut butter and honey sandwich in the doctors office for a couple bites. A pregnant girls gotta do what shes gotta do. After the 40 min wait, the nurse takes me back for the typical weight, and blood pressure. I lost another 2 pounds since last time. I'm definitely not complaining. But, I'm sure being sick and pretty much just snacking all day is whats doing it. I can't get a full meal down for the life of me. Then we went to the room where we met with the doctor. We talked about everything. All what's to come, family history, all that jazz. I did get some nausea medicine prescribed since what I'm doing now clearly isn't doing anything. We did another test and then I was sent off to the lab. This part I was VERY nervous for. I have had theee worst experiences with needles. Whether that is fainting, being poked at least 2 times EVERY time I have to have blood work, or I get the practicing nurse and she fails to get the vein, just every reason to have it not go well, I seem to get. I have had bloodwork so many times in my life I have lost count. Probably 20 times? idk. I just have teeny tiny veins and they always tell me that too. They are too small, or they collapse when they get the needle in, or I have to lay down cause I'm either going to pass out or puke. Idk. I'm just terrified. The lady today though did awesome. She was SO nice, kept talking to me which is a huge help, and nailed it on the first try. She deserves a raise because I seriously appreciate those types of people. After all that, we met up with a lady to talk about payments and what not. Baby's are expensive! Goodness. But, It'll all be worth it. It was kind of an overwhelming appointment but also it makes it seem a little more real. We are SO excited. I can't believe I have this tiny little gummy bear size human in me cookin away. So amazing!

And a little side note, can I just brag about the weather we have had!? Amazing! And it makes this not so pretty feelin nauseous lady feel a little more human. Thank you to heavenly father for sending me some sunshine when I need it most. 
Me and Libbie sat on the patio swing while Caleb (bless his heart) mowed the lawn. I even got a little tan on my arms, chest and face. 

Also, we own one silly dog. 
I woke up the other morning to Libbie sitting on Caleb's back with a toy near his face ready to play while he was still dead asleep. Haha made me chuckle. It's how we usually wake up. The second one of us opens our eyes, she's there, ready to play.

The other day, me and Caleb were watching Netflix and just snuggling when Libbie came up. She will rub her paws across her face and if I call her name and catch her off guard, her face ends up like so..
Hahaha this is before she shakes and it goes back to normal. Me and Caleb look at each other and both bust a gut. She's just so funny!

Well, until next time!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Don't be too discouraged by them moving your due date. The doc moved mine back 2 weeks and what do you know, I had my first 2 weeks "early". I was also super sick and the only thing that helped me was the medication Zofran. Despite losing weight in the beginning, he was over 8 pounds so it will all work out in the end. Another suggestion, you're going to buy maternity pants at some point so might as well buy them now and see if they help you stay comfortable. I got some from DI, Motherhood, and Ross usually has some good ones too. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete