Friday, April 17, 2015

Update!

A couple weeks ago Caleb had a tire blow on his car. We had been meaning to get new tires for months because they were bald, but we just kept putting it off. Luckily him and his friend from work got the spare on his car so he could drive to get some new tires. Kinda hilarious looking. He has owned that car since 2007 and has never once changed the tires or rotated them or anything. Now that we have a new set, they should last the rest of this little cars life ;) And I'm sure they'll grip a whole lot better in the snow for next winter too. I suppose it's worth the hundreds of dollars going into tires. :/


Work has been crazy for me. I have been slammed booked for months now. Which is awesome. But now being pregnant and being sick has made it kind of miserable at times. It's been stressful since we are so short handed right now too. On Saturday I had a crazy lady that basically wanted to look like a calico cat. So this was the most colors I've put on someones head since doing hair. I had to document it. The hair color actually turned out way prettier than expected. I was slightly nervous, but my client loved it and that's what matters. 


Caleb's work has been going great! My sister and brother just got hired back there. It's slowly becoming like old times where it was family that worked there. haha The business is running great and Caleb is doing awesome. I'm a proud wifey. ;)


We have gone from snow to 70+ degree weather within a couple days. So random. Today was BEAUTIFUL!! Me and Libbie took advantage and went out on the porch swing and enjoyed the sun while I ate my lunch. I hate complaining about this, but since we live in a basement, I feel awfully cooped up a lot. There's no natural lighting that really comes through and you can't really enjoy the weather. So I basically sat outside all day and LOVED it. I was in some need of some vitamin D. Luckily this basement living isn't going to last much longer. 


Libbie has also been good. She did make me quite angry the other day when I took her out to use the bathroom and she escaped from me. She has NEVER done that. I'm not really supposed to run so me trotting after her through our neighbors yard then clear out to the road made me SO angry and honestly scared me! She's fast and even if I was running my fastest, I wouldn't be able to catch her. Back to the leash she goes till she learns to not do that. The little stink. And then today when I put her on her long leash to just run and play in the yard, all she wanted to do was sit on my lap. Of course. haha animals. 


And lastly, a pregnancy update. I am 8 weeks 3 days. Baby is the size of a raspberry. It's fingers and toes are forming. A little tongue is now visible and it's little features are becoming a little more prominent. I am not going to lie, I have felt pretty crummy. Nauseous all day every day. Some moments are worse than others but it seems like it is constantly lingering. I WISH I would just throw up already instead of having that constant feeling of I'm about too. I did start taking some b6 with unisom for my nausea and so far it hasn't helped and I actually don't like how the unisom makes me feel. So I'm not sure if I want to keep taking it or not. It may just be something I deal with for a while. It's been especially hard with work. It is hard to get up in the morning when it's usually at its more awful moments and having to force myself to get out of the house to go to work. But, one day at a time, one moment at a time sometimes. 

I have had thee WORST food aversions. It's been awful! People always told me about cravings, not food aversions. The thought or smell of food makes me gag. It's been honestly really hard to know what to make myself to eat. Nothing sounds good. I usually make myself something and then waste half of it because I just can't get myself to finish it. The only thing that tastes ok is cold stuff. Preferably smoothies, fruit, popsicles, sometimes jello, and sometimes juice. Jamba has seen me through the drive through like every other day. I seriously have eaten SO much fruit lately. It's been my go to snack. But as far as meals go, that has been very difficult and very frustrating. 

I feel like this week I have really noticed me being more tired. I have been a little more tired for weeks now but this week especially I have been napping at least once a day, sometimes, twice. I just don't have the energy to get things done. My house is needing some tlc but unfortunately it's just going to have to wait! And that's fine with me.

Smells. eee. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's fine. The other day I had to get up from watching a movie and take the garbage out because ALL I could smell was ketchup that was in there. I like ketchup, but that's all I could smell and it was driving me nuts. Also, the other day at work, I had gone out to my station and another girl had just put on perm solution on this little old lady. I got a whiff of it and literally about lost it right there in the garbage can next to my station. I had to open the front door to get some fresh air and then leave the area because I just could not handle that one. Woo it was bad!

And bloat. I know it's too early for me to have a "baby bump" but I have been so bloated that I think it could pass as a baby bump. Either way, it's still a bump, and I know there's a baby in there, therefore, I'm gonna enjoy my bump! I never thought I'd get a bump so I'm gonna have fun and enjoy it. I will say, I don't think the bloat is going to leave by the time there is an actual baby bump there so I am already wanting to maybe purchase a pair of maternity pants. It's early, I know, But i'm uncomfortable in my jeans. I'm sure I'll give it a little while longer, but when I do need them, I need to know where to go. Any advise on your favorite maternity clothes stores? I'm open to any and all places.

Other than really just not feeling myself and feeling crummy, I'm still the happiest girl on this planet. All day today, even feeling nauseous as ever, was just smiling from ear to ear. This sunshine makes it easier to be happier too. But today especially I was just dreaming of the future with our little baby. Being pregnant and having a belly, a newborn, the holidays with a baby, the snuggles, the crying, the fun summers ahead, being a family, Caleb being a dad, just all of it. What's coming is amazing and truly a gift from god and I could not feel more grateful for being given this opportunity. 




1 comment:

  1. Shalei! I am so beyond happy for you! Congrats, your bump is adorable and you are going to be the best mommy! I totally feel you with the sickness. I could have sworn that you were describing my pregnancy when I was at that stage. It FINALLY went away when I was about 16 weeks. Since then I have felt great, tired but SOOO much better than before. As for the maternity pants try Old Navy I have found I love their maternity clothes. Motherhood maternity was so expensive and I felt like I would have to sell my kidney to wear some of those clothes. Maybe one day in the future we can have a playdate or something ;)

    ReplyDelete