Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day weekend

Memorial Day weekend we were originally going to go camping with all my family but it had been raining with thunderstorms tons and wasn't really easing up. Either way, both me and Caleb had the whole weekend off together which that alone made the whole weekend. 

Friday, me and Caleb hung out pretty much all day. I think I mentioned in my last post how I had gotten my hair done and didn't really like it. So that evening, I went and had to get a color correction and I was HOPING to get back to blonde. Long story short and a mess of color later, I ended up a copper brown color with lighter highlights with orange spots. It was kind of a mess. I had to give my hair a break before I did anything else. But it kind of sucks now cause I am done working so I was on my own with my hair. Ugh. So other than a hair mess that day, it was good.
Libbie also loved the fact that Caleb had the weekend off. So cute.


Saturday, me and Caleb slept in. When I woke up and was walking around our bed, I stepped in water on the carpet. I instantly thought it was Libbie but she hasn't peed in the house in years so I thought it was weird. I thought maybe that with all the rain that it's flooding our bedroom again? I didn't know. I told Caleb about it and he knew exactly what it was from. Long story short, He had to turn the water off then back on so that his brother could fix his grandma's sink upstairs or something. But since it's an old home and those pipes had never really been tinkered with, turning the water off then on made the water start leaking consistently. So it had been leaking for a few days and we just noticed that it was leaking under the carpet and was spreading fast. His family was all around that day so his brother temporarily fixed the problem till new pipes get put in. But until then, water is continuously leaking into our closet and is basically flooding our bedroom. So now we have all our shoes (over 60 pairs might I add) from our closet in laundry baskets in our hallway, along with all our dirty clothes. some stuff is moved into our living room. And right now we just a have a fan going to try and dry that carpet. It's been a mess. Every day we have to use our carpet cleaner vacuum to suck up gallons and gallons of water. The water is spreading and getting bigger and our WHOLE apartment smells awful from wet musty carpet that is not going to go away any time soon. 


We so far have dumped over 10 of these buckets full of water. And we have to do it daily until the new pipes come. Me and Caleb have decided that we have pretty much DESTROYED his grandma's carpet. Even though none of these floods have been our fault, but it's still just frustrating and it's sad that we now know exactly what we are doing when it comes to cleaning up water from the apartment. This makes flood number 4 in the 4 years we have lived here. Plus some other small water issues. It's a bit frustrating having to deal with it and have my home kind of all out of whack with things everywhere, but there's nothing we can do about it. Until then, I will hold my breath and pray no one comes by to judge the smell of our place. It's that bad. We open what windows we can but when It's raining, those get shut since there are no window wells and the rain just get in through the windows.

Sunday me and Caleb had a lazy day spent at home. We watched Netflix, ate food, and seriously hung out all day. It was great.

Monday me and Caleb headed out to my parents house. Caleb, my brothers, dad, sister, and brother in law loaded their dirt bikes and four-wheelers and went on a day ride up in the mountains somewhere. 


While they were out riding, us girls stayed back with the babies and went grocery shopping for our weenie roast that night. I occupied my nephew by taking him outside and blew bubbles, drew with sidewalk chalk, and swung in the swing. Once everyone got back, they said they had a great time. Caleb and my brother in law both rolled their four-wheelers on the same rut or something. Makes me a little nervous! Caleb only got a scrape on his hand and was otherwise fine. My brother in law was fine too. That evening, I wanted Caleb to take me on a little four-wheeler ride where I couldn't go earlier. 
We rode up on the hill and it was BEAUTIFUL looking out. Everything was SO green and it was getting cloudy and you could see a storm a brewing. I LOVE this place and I miss so badly living out in the country. Even though we are only 15 min away, this is what I miss and I would GLADLY love to move out here somewhere. It would be so much fun to hop onto the four-wheeler just like I used to, except this time with Caleb and just go up for a little ride here and there. So fun. And we live in a perfect area to do so. Once we got back to the house the fire was going and dinner was starting,
We had a weenie roast for dinner. My favorite! I love sitting by a fire talking with everyone, eating good food and enjoying the weather outside. It started sprinkling during our dinner but we sat through it anyways. I ended the night by giving dad a haircut and then we headed back home to vacuum up more water. 

Tuesday, I had a doctors appointment for baby. I told Caleb he didn't have to go since it was just a quick appointment and that this was his last day off. I let him sleep instead. I headed to the doctors. I paid our big monthly baby bill, peed in a cup, got weighed and my blood pressure taken, then was taken to my room where I waited a stinkin HOUR in the room by myself waiting for the doctor to come in. Besides being annoyed and about ready to put in a complaint, they heard the baby's heartbeat which was beating at a healthy 149 bpm. We talked and he answered the questions I had. I love the office and I really like my doctor, but they are so busy that you wait forever when you're there. A bit frustrating. After the doctors, I HAD to go to the hair store to pick up some color for me to fix my hair. I was done looking like a calico cat. And even if I wanted to go back blonde some time, it was seriously best to start over. I picked up my color and then headed home. I ate lunch, and then later that day me and Caleb went to get our car serviced and then headed to the bank to talk to them and see what we qualified for for buying a house. First real step in house buying. It went well! So we are now officially OFFICIALLY house hunting. And after dealing with this old apartment and all the flood problems and other problems, I am MORE than ready to get out of here and be in my own place. 

Wednesday, Caleb had to head back to work. BOOOO. Thumbs down. And I woke up this morning feeling TERRIBLE. No grocery shopping for me. That will have to wait yet another day. I have chilled at home and have done laundry and also finally colored my hair. It's dark, but it's all even and I am done messing with it for a while. Plus, it was SO easy to do and I was able to do it myself. 
no makeup--tinted hair and brows--lookin good!

Finished result. I don't mind it. It's such a change from blonde and I do miss my blonde. But, change is good I suppose and I hope this grows on me cause this is what we get for a while at least. 

As for other news, I hit 13 weeks today. One more week and I am officially out of the first trimester! Baby is the size of a kiwi or tangerine. About that size. It's fingerprints have formed too. So crazy cool. I am unfortunately still not feeling good. Some days it's definitely worse than others, but I can still count on nights being miserable. I like to be asleep by 9, 9:30, no later than 10. I notice it's worse when I'm tired and I think that's why nights are awful. Even going to bed that early I usually wake up at 9 ish. I must just be tired. I get like 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night and if I don't get that, then I just feel way more sick. I still have moment's where I run to the bathroom to lean my head into the toilet. Foods are so so. Sometimes something sounds ok and I will do anything to get what sounds ok because otherwise, it's hard to get anything else down. Lately, I have wanted hot dogs. Super weird but it's been annoying cause the store has been out the last 3 times I have gone. Mom ended up giving me a pack when we had our weenie roast the other night and I have been roasting hot dogs since.
And yes, in case you didn't know, you can totally roast hot dogs over your stove. Haha. Besides that, I have been starting to feel some intense lower back pain, hip pain has started to come slightly, I get sciatic nerve pain sometimes, and I sometimes get a strong shooting pain in my stomach which is I think round ligament pain. Let it begin. None of that is gonna leave any time soon. My belly is growing! It's no longer a bloat belly and is definitely a baby bump.
This was taken I believe on Friday, so 5 days ago. You get the idea that there is definitely a bump that did not used to be there. It's kinda weird getting used to it!

Next thing I am looking forward to is our next doctors appointment because at that appointment we find out what we are having! June 29th can't come soon enough! I think we have a couple names that we like. Still working on middle names, and still open to other names, but, I think we are set for both a boy name and girl name. We will see in this next month if I start to feel the baby move. I'm not sure exactly when people start feeling their babies move and I think it depends on the pregnancy, but i'm looking forward to it. It will make things seem a bit more real I think rather than just feeling sick. 











No comments:

Post a Comment