Wednesday, July 8, 2015

19 Weeks Pregnant

I am 19 weeks pregnant today! 1 week and I am officially half way there. It's flying by! Baby girl is about 6 inches long and almost 9 oz. About a half a pound and the size of a dollar bill head to rump. She's growing big! I love it! I can feel more movement especially when I'm sitting. It's like she's being a little squished or something. Last night I felt for the first time a kick from the outside! That was super exciting! I was waiting till the moment I could feel her from the outside so that was fun. I can't wait till Caleb can feel her.

I have not really been feeling all that great for a while now. Really, it's never left since I became pregnant. It's like I'll have a good day every 3 to 4 days or something random. But for the majority of the time, I still just feel blah. I still have moments where I think I'm going to throw up so I run to the toilet just to find that the puke urge kinda went away for the time being. I for sure still don't feel good at night. I know that when I just do not feel well that it is time to just sleep it off. I still sleep for roughly 10 hours a night. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It's the only thing that really takes the edge off of me not feeling well.

I still have food aversions and have a hard time eating most things. I have yet to have any real cravings. If there's something that sounds good to eat, I will try to eat it just so I know I am getting something in my belly. I for a while was on a cereal kick. That has gone away and now I have really been enjoying french toast for breakfast. Today I woke up and randomly kinda wanted eggs and toast which is so weird because like I said in an earlier post, since being pregnant I have completely hated toast and have not been loving eggs at all like I used too. So I figured, eh, we will try it and see. I ate a piece of toast with an egg and it tasted alright! We will see if that lasts. So weird and annoying. haha

I have definitely noticed more emotions/ hormones coming out. This last week especially It's like they all just hit me. I'm weepy a lot for no reason and I can just feel my body building up all these hormones to eventually burst into a full out cry session. All for no reason or something that's just small that I wouldn't normally think twice about. Again, usually I just sleep it off and I'm completely fine the next day. I haven't really had this happen to me till now. Poor Caleb :/ He's a freaking rock star. And looking back on my weepy moments I actually kinda laugh because it's pathetic the reasons I find myself being a bit weepy or emotional.

Another thing that's getting worse is my skin! I am breaking out like I'm in Jr. High again. I am using prescribed acne medication (yes it's safe to use while pregnant) and I am still breaking out. The old wives tale of if your pregnant with a girl she will steal your beauty is DEFINITELY true in this case. My skin is as dry as the desert, and I have a face full of acne. It's lovely.

Acid reflux/ heartburn. Ugh! Every day and especially at night. I honestly can't quite tell what it is but it's bad enough sometimes it makes me want to throw up. Not fun.

Sleep is a great thing for me, but I really haven't been able to sleep well since being pregnant. I stir a lot in the night, and, I constantly have such VIVID dreams. I honestly hate it! I have had some scary dreams, awful dreams, and good dreams. One dream that literally left me waking up to me screaming on the top of my lungs and Caleb freaking out because I was screaming. I'm not a fan. They cause me to wake up in the night too. I miss not remembering my dreams haha.

I am still having sciatic nerve pain and my hips I notice are starting to just be sore, especially after sitting. Takes a minute after I get up to kinda loosen them up.

I ordered us a crib and I found myself the cutest diaper bag on the planet, and those both came yesterday! So that's super exciting! I can't wait till we have a room to start setting things up.

All in all I am getting SO excited to meet this sweet girl! I definitely have all the emotions of a baby coming. Excitement, nervous, freaking out, then excited again. It's been fun to talk to Caleb about it and see him getting more and more excited. We still don't have a name. Not sure if we'll announce it before she's here or not. That is, if we can even think of one we like. We're workin on it. It's hard! I'd say my best moment this week was being able to feel her little movements and then being able to feel her that one time from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment