Sunday, March 27, 2016

Kinley's scare, 4 months, and Easter

Kinley turned 4 months old on Friday! We'll start with her scare. A few days prior to Friday, I noticed any time Kinley would wake up, she would make constant weird grunting noises, her eye lid would twitch, and her arms would kind of shake. It's hard to describe. I just had a weird feeling about it. It was like what you would see when you wake someone from a very deep sleep and they act kind of weird, but worse. She hasn't slept well in weeks so I didn't know if me being sleep deprived was causing my anxiety to be worse, or if it was a feeling that I should really be listening too. I wasn't really sure what to think other than I was kind of freaked and didn't think it was normal. Anyway, on Friday, I was up a little earlier than Kinley. I went in to check on her and she had JUST woken up. A few seconds after she did, out of no where, both eyelids were twitching, her mouth was twitching, and she was staring off into space. her body acted limp but the twitching was going on and wasn't stopping. My phone was right there and I thought I recorded it to show a doctor but instead it only took a picture. I had nothing but sheer panic set in. Caleb was still sleeping and while it was happening, I shook Caleb to wake up and he too watched what was happening. I was calling her name, put my hand on her belly trying to kind of snap her out of it and nothing was working. To me, it looked like she was having a seizure. All in that time period, I didn't know what to do. I've heard that if it's seizures, you are supposed to just let them pass. After maybe 40 seconds, she stopped. I picked her up and she stretched and pulled a smile. I was scared to death as to what I just saw. I was shaking and started crying. I told Caleb something is wrong. That is not normal. She originally had her 4 month well check for Tuesday and I was just going to mention what was going on at that appointment, but after what I had just seen, I wanted her seen ASAP. After the incident, she seemed fine. She seemed her normal self. I still was scared to death and didn't want to take my eyes off of her for a second. I called the doctor and was able to switch her well check for later that day, thank goodness. I called my mom and just started to sob because I guess that mom's just bring out the emotions in ya sometimes. I told her what had happened and that I had an appointment later that day. Caleb had to work and she didn't want me going alone so she was able to last second take a half day at work so she could come. Fast forward to the doctors. I told them what was happening and long story short, the doctor is confident that they aren't seizures, and that it's basically from her not sleeping well. Because she isn't sleeping well, when she does sleep, it's most likely a deep sleep. So when she wakes up, she is waking from a deep sleep which is causing the twitching. Her nervous system get's relaxed when she is in that deep sleep, so when she wakes up, it's rare, but also a natural reflex that is happening. He said if it were seizures, her eyeballs would be twitching vs. her eyelids, and he also said it is SO so rare for infants this little to have seizures. He said to continue to watch her (obviously) and  her sleeping patterns and go from there. Since Friday, she has only done one more episode and it was very subtle. I felt good leaving the office but I'm still not 100% convinced. I'll watch her and see what happens. So, that's VERY relieving as of now that it's not seizures. Since it was her 4 month well check as well, she did get her set of shots. Heartbreaking might I add. Guh it's awful to watch. Her shots have not made her feel well at all and she has slept a lot. More sleep means she has not had any more of the twitching episodes. Which is good. As sad as they are, they have also allowed me to sleep a little more than I have and I NEEEED it. Anyway. That's that for Kinley's scare. I am SO grateful it's nothing serious. Before I saw the doctor, of course I am thinking the worst case scenario and I tell ya, there is nothing more scary. All you want for your babies is for them to be healthy and so loved. And knowing that there was a possibility of something not ok happening was nothing but terrifying. I'm grateful that my baby is healthy.


Anyway, on to Kinley being 4 months old. CRAZY! How?! I seriously didn't know that I could love someone so much. She brings such a special spirit in our home and I am so blessed to be her mama.
at 4 months Kinley....
*weighs 13.2 lbs (33%)
*is 24 inches (30%)
*size 3-6 month clothes
*size 1 diapers
*is finding her voice and coos a lot 
*starting to giggle
*has rolled over once
*sleeps 2-5 hour stretches but mainly 2. I think this is from her 4 month  growth spurt
*smiles at dad every time she sees him
*still a huge mama's girl
*still eats every 1.5-2 hours. LOTS of feedings
*has stranger danger and HAS to have mom be in sight
*starting to recognize her hands and grasping onto things
*is a very happy baby

Here's some pictures of Kinley at 4 months.


Thumb sucker!

Shots= sick baby which result in LOTS of cuddles. Bless her heart.

Happy Easter! My sister came up from Utah and my parents are out of town for Easter Sunday, so we celebrated Easter on Saturday. Nothing crazy, we just had a lunch, and then had a little Easter egg hunt for the grand babies. Kinley was not feeling well the entire day from her shots so we did lots of cuddling.
Easter egg hunt




Caleb has to always get a smile out of Kinley before he can start his day or before he goes to work. It's the cutest! 
Cuddles from grandma.
We ended Easter with a couple of haircuts and a MASSIVE blowout. Just what my baby does best! SO many stained clothes.

Here's just a few other random pictures from lately.

I love hims!

Since moving, we still have yet to get a couch. We have a set in mind, but we are saving our moneys for a little bit longer. Until then, we all squish onto our recliner. It's squishy, but works for now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment