Thursday, March 3, 2016

New house, 3 months old, weight loss, lots of updates!

Holy cow I have neglected my blog the past month. All for a good reason though. We have been SO busy! Let's start with the Superbowl. Me and Caleb went to Big Juds for a superbowl party. We are not big into sports at all so we were the ones that didn't know who was playing or what was going on. All I know, is that we lost 20 bucks and one kid there won the bet and walked out with $120. haha. It was fun to talk to the girls there though.
His shirt. Haha

We officially closed on our first home on February 11th! It was VERY exciting! It's a perfect starter home for our family.

The WHOLE next week was FILLED with crazy busyness. We re painted the entire home and put new carpet in. It was fun because it was mainly me and my dad that did most of it. We did runs to Idaho Falls to carpet shop together, get paint, and then our days were filled with being at the house painting and doing all the little fix ups. A side note. My parents are seriously A-MAZING. I am forever grateful for them and their willingness to work hard and help us out. They helped SO much with all the painting, and gearing up for us to move out of their home. Caleb would head to the home after his long shifts at work so he could paint. It was a bit hectic between running errands all over, painting, fixing up the house all with caring for Kinley. Here's some before and after pictures of the home.
Carpet ripped out and all the walls were white. Some rooms had an accent wall.




One of the accent walls

Both bathrooms were this blue color

Master bedroom was green

Thank GOODNESS for our rock n play. Saved us while we were busy painting. Lots of painting and walking over to talk to Kinley for a minute, then back to painting. 



I'm not going to lie. I felt like one bad mom through that whole week. I was trying hard to work and put in as much effort as I could to my home and still try to give the attention needed to Kinley. By the end of the week, Kinley neeeeeded me and I needed her. Bad. It's hard to juggle it all around. Now for the after pictures.




Cousin Emma






Master bedroom




It turned out to look almost new, and SO different than it previously did. Caleb was at work when I picked the paint and carpet. I showed him what I voted we did and his response was, "looks great". Haha so we went with a grey color for the walls and a grey, black, and white flecked carpet. We are really happy with the turnout and I'm proud of my picking out skills. haha. I wish I had taken a before picture of the old carpet that was in there. We replaced it because it had a urine smell and a couple areas that were bald from dogs chewing up the carpet. Turns out the owners that lived there PREVIOUSLY to the owners that sold the home to us had like 10 dogs that NEVER got taken out and had peed on the floor EVERYWHERE throughout the entire house. When we ripped the carpet up there was SO many pee stains and the smell was overwhelming. It was absolutely disgusting. We ended up painting the actual floor before they layed carpet to for sure keep the urine smell out. Now the home smells brand new and fresh. We are SO happy with it!

So over the weekend of the 19th, we moved in. I decided it's not easy to be 35 weeks pregnant and moving, or having a 3 month old and moving. It's both hard and very tiring.

Just takin a little break.

The final drive away from my parents was bittersweet. When we moved in there, I was bitter and not the happiest person about the whole situation. Now that we were leaving, I was kinda sad about it! I had grown to love having the company while Caleb was gone at work, and also just getting closer to all my family again after not living there for nearly 6 years. So, I may of cried a little when I left. 

We have moved in and are loving it here. The first day of moving, Kinley came down with her first sickness so it was not my ideal day. Poor baby. She had a cold and you could tell she just did not feel well at all. That night I came down with getting sick too. So we both had colds all week. I had been running on very little sleep since Kinley was sick which made me exhausted. We had stuff to get done every day so I had to push through the want of just sitting and taking a break. We pushed through and went out and got our first grocery shopping done. We had NO food so it had to be done. It was an ALL day ordeal. It was 2 carts FULL and hundreds of dollars later, we have food, and some things for the house. We still need quite a bit, like couches, but, it's slowly but surely coming. Me and Caleb last Monday went and shopped for a washer and dryer. We have been looking for anything for months now and seriously NOTHING has come up or people won't get back to me. So, we ended up just buying a new set. They had to order them so I will continue taking our laundry to my parents for the next two weeks. Not horrible, but it is inconvenient and takes up my whole day the day I decide to go and do it. 

FINALLY a room to make adorable for Kinley. I've waited for this my whole life and it's exciting to finally put together a cute nursery!
The crib is put together. Still working on the rest of the room but I'm in LOVE with how cute it's looking already.

Somethin about a guy holding his daughter and my leopard diaper bag makes my heart all mushy and stuff. So freakin cute.

The many home depot trips made.

Our first night in our first home!

Monday day date shopping for a washer and dryer.

All in all, we are loving the home and the area. We have tweaked things to our liking, and there are some summer projects with the yard we want to do. We tried a run down mexican food place to eat and it tasted good! I think sometimes the old run down places have the best food. I'm currently trying to figure out how to decorate it and make my home feel a little more homey. I need to go get curtains, some shelves, wall hangings, and stuff to decorate the top of my cupboards. So many cute ideas and I just need to pick something and go with it. Yesterday (Wednesday) we FINALLY got internet installed. I tell ya, a whole week and 2 days without internet is seriously awful. I couldn't even upload anything on my phone. So, we watched a lot of movies and took advantage of getting things done around the house that we needed too. Me and Caleb seriously feel SO blessed to finally own a home. It's been a long time coming and it's been very exciting to buy things for OUR home. We have our OWN mailbox, a garage, a DISHWASHER people, WINDOWS, a yard, space to put things, our OWN furniture, and best of all, PRIVACY! haha we aren't living with people or near people where there is always some sort of interaction with family. I'm grateful for Caleb's job that allows me to still stay home and be a stay at home mom and have it also pay for this home and all our other bills that life brings. We're just very blessed, and very grateful. 

My sweet Kinley is 3 months old!
*Dealt with her first sickness
*0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers
*Sleeps 6-9 hours at night for the most part. She'll randomly have a rough few days or week but then gets back on track.
*Smiles a lot! Especially at Caleb. It's adorable.
*Still a HUGE mama's girl
*absolutely HATES her car seat. It gives me anxiety knowing we need to go anywhere because the drive to and from is a nightmare.
*Loves bath time
*Loves to still be swaddled and snuggled
*Sucks on her fists A TON now

She is seriously such a joy to be around and is happy most of the time. Here's just a bunch of my favorite pictures of her recently.

Best thing to see when we are in the car. haha


One of my favorite things. Naps with mom.

Always smiling at dad.

Her hair is long enough to have little piggies! haha So cute!

Precious sleeping be be's

My dad is so sweet with Kinley. It's adorable!


My sister came over to get her hair done. Entertaining Kinley while her hair was processing.

She's been sucking on her bottom lip lately and it cracks me up.

Naps with dad.


Her little hands are so sweet.

Happy happy before bed

My cute little baby! GAH! I just LOVE her!

Another little update on my weight loss. I have officially lost 40 pounds below my pre pregnancy weight. 
I'm thrilled about this! I think the only downfall about it right now is that I have NO clothes that fit. They all do not flatter me at all. I have like 3 shirts that i've kept that are old that fit but I desperately need to go shopping for some new clothes. That, and also to get my wedding ring re sized. It's so big so I can't wear it because I'm afraid it'll slip off and I'd lose it. Happy day though! I'm hoping to still lose another 20 pounds or so. More would be great but I want to be realistic too. 

My sister drove up from Utah to visit everyone. I felt bad because it was in the middle of both me and Kinley being sick, and also us in the middle of our hectic week with moving and getting settled into our house. It was still awesome to see her. I miss her! I still wish she lived here!
Cousin Kash loving on Kinley. So cute!

On Sunday, Big Juds threw a going away party for Caleb's boss and his fiance. It was a fun little party and we are going to miss them! I have grown to really be great friends with her. We will still see them when we go to Boise which will be fun.

Life is going so great right now. I feel like all the big goals that we wanted in life are happening all at once. It's overwhelming, but in a good way. We are staying very busy and most of all, happy. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment