Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving

Last year we spent Thanksgiving in the hospital because we had just had a baby! It was fun to reflect on the holiday and remember the special little details that occurred. I remember it was snowing, cold, and we were brought up a pretty good thanksgiving meal. I also remember getting really sick from some pain medication and I didn't eat like half my meal because I was super nauseous. haha. I do remember feeling a very special feeling that day. It was just me, Caleb, and our brand new 1 day old baby girl and the room was just us, quiet, and just a special feeling. We were so grateful to have Kinley there safe and healthy.

This year, we spent Thanksgiving at my parents house. It was a good day and the food was amazing. I seriously have SO so much to be thankful for. My family is hands down #1. There is nothing more precious to me than my family. I am also grateful for our home. We finally have a home that fits my little family and it has been such a blessing to us. Then all the other things. Things like food on my table, clothes, my bed, a warm home, Caleb's job, my sister who is my best friend, all other family on both sides, alllll those things I am truly grateful for. But, there's one thing that has especially come to me this year more than ever, and that is that I am thankful for medicine, doctors, nurses, hospitals, people spending years to get an education in any medical field, promptings of the spirit, and health insurance. I feel confident that if the spirit had not led me and that doctors were not here to help us, that our Kinley would not be here today. I am grateful that Primary Children's hospital is close enough that we were and are able to get the help needed for Kinley. I am grateful the the tenderness and sympathy that a lot of the nurses had toward my baby. I am THANKFUL that Kinley is still here today. Happy Thanksgiving!
Kinley's birthday was the day after thanksgiving so we opened her gift from my parents while everyone was out.


She loves it! 

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment