Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Warm River, 70 lbs, sleepless nights, and Halloween

A couple weeks ago my family took an afternoon drive up to Warm Springs to feed the fish.

And here's a bunch of pictures, mostly of Kinley of course...
This girl and her bed head. Usually on the top of her head haha

Standing to lots of things

Let it begin....

Getting ready for the day is a huge chore in itself. There's no napping with this girl so I just make the best of it and roll with it. If making a HUGE mess allows me to get ready then whatever. haha she is constantly flipping the toilet paper roll so there's a huge pile on the floor, pulls out all my hair products, and gets into every drawer she can. Ya do what ya gotta do.


She is standing ALL the time and puts her hands up like this. haha She won't take any steps but I'm sure it won't be too long before she does and starts walking.

Down about 70 pounds! The weight loss is still going. It's slow and steady which I am happy with. I lose about 2 to 3 pounds a month. Sometimes I plateau and won't lose a pound for like 3 ish weeks but then It'll start coming off again. I've already been super happy with my results. My biggest thing I'd like now is to just tone up. I'm still watching my portions, and do my little workouts here and there. I'm tempted to toss the leftover halloween candy just so it doesn't tempt me. haha. Overall, I couldn't be more happy with my results. It's so nice to feel like I fit into clothes and do things I would have never done before.  

Another 2:30 am drive. I had 2 of those this last week and one of them didn't work after driving around for 30 min. This girl and her sleep is KILLLLING me. I thought maybe it was getting better but who was I kidding. She had a better like 2 nights then went back to her old ways waking up about 3-4 times a night, and each time taking anywhere from 30 min- 2.5 HOURS to get her back to sleep. Usually it takes at least an hour though. I sometimes get 45 min of sleep increments, or sometimes I'll get lucky and get a 3 hour stretch. I feel like I see a lot of the hours each night and it often feels like I've only slept for a couple hours combined even though it's 4 am. I've spent soooo many hours rocking in the chair in her room. People keep telling me to enjoy the rocking and although I do, I still would love to get some sleep. And when you are that tired, you're more frustrated than anything so it's hard to just fully enjoy the moment. Where Kinley is getting so much older, she doesn't really just sit and rock either. It is mostly a constant battle of wrestling her the ENTIRE time. She flips and turns and nurses and what feels like drains each side, then flips some more and climbs on me. It doesn't end. Her naps haven't gotten any better either. The other day she only slept for 10 min in14 hours. She fought me all day with not taking a nap. We're pretty much down to for sure only 1 nap a day and it's usually about 30 min. I've come to terms that this baby will just be one that does not sleep. I hope in future kids that they don't follow her footsteps. haha It's been exhausting but somehow you just learn to live with it and keep on keepin on during each day. I am praying that one of these days she will just start sleeping through the night! Fingers crossed.


Halloween weekend was a lot of fun. It's so much more fun with kids! I love knowing that each year will probably just get even better as Kinley gets older. We started it out by carving pumpkins with all my family on Saturday night. We do it in my dads shop and it always ends with a pumpkin seed flipping war haha. 





I am honestly the worst carver haha. Mine's the cat, Caleb's is the face, Kinley's is the little face.

Everyone's pumpkins lit up.

Ended the night with stories from grandpa.

For the day of Halloween, it was pretty much any other day. I cleaned the house and ended up last minute going grocery shopping because we needed more halloween candy. That night we handed out candy to trick or treaters. We didn't know what to expect since this is the 1st year being in this house. Previous years we never got any. But this year we got lots! I'm glad I ended up getting more candy because I would have ran out for sure. It was fun seeing all the cute kids dressed up and be so excited about trick or treating. This year, for the past week or so I had been making Kinley's costume. It was so easy, cheap, and turned out darling!

Our little Perdita dalmatian dog!





No comments:

Post a Comment