Monday, December 23, 2013

Maggie girl


So last month ahead of Thanksgiving, my families dog Maggie just dissapeared one day. And she didn't come home. We had no clue what had happened because that was so not her. My family looked everywhere for her and had people keep an eye out for her. She didn't come home. My family was sad about it, especially my sister Kristie. She gets so attached to her animals. Maggie was basically known as her pup. She took care of her every single day. They ended up getting another dog because Maggie was still gone. Everyone was sure she had been hit by a car or something and wasn't going to return home. Well, tonight, we finally found out what happened to Maggie. 

I was out at my parents house for the day and my sister Kristie was looking on craigslist and came across a page that said, "missing yellow lab, no collar." The picture looked a whole lot like Maggie. She gets so excited and shows my dad and asks to see if he'd call the number to see if it was her. My dad told her it wasn't Maggie. She kept asking how he was so sure he knew. He looked at my mom with a face like they needed to tell us something. He told us that the neighbor had found Maggie in the canal and was dead due to a beaver trap that had killed her. My dad found out on Thanksgiving and didn't want to tell us about it because it was not something he wanted to share. She did not suffer because the trap was around her neck and snapped and killed her before she would have even known what had happened. And i am grateful she did not suffer. But, it was so hard to hear and especially hard to see how my sister was just heartbroken. It's crazy to me how attached we get to animals and how much joy they bring. Even if you aren't an animal lover, they make you laugh and are the best companions in the world. 

I'll always remember how you would eat and fetch apples picked right off the apple tree, fetch a whole freakin tree branch (no joke, hillarious), hide if you heard the boys shooting, run around the yard in hypermode, lick my hands, haul into your 2 foot house (she loved it. she wouldnt go in the one that actually fit her.) if me and Lane tapped on the roof of it, love attention, and sure loved Kristie. You were what made her excited to come home to. You brought lots of laughs to my family. You were a great dog and will be greatly missed. RIP Maggie girl. I'm sure you are playing in puppy heaven with all our other pups and having the best time eating apples. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment