Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July

I stinkin LOVE the 4th of July. It's one of my favorite holidays. I have always loved it, but to make it that much better, it's the day I officially got engaged. 4 years ago at the Rexburg parade! Crazy how fast time is going. 
We were so little here. I remember that day perfectly. What I was wearing, what we did, everything. It was such an exciting day for me. What a wonderful 4+ years it has been for us. I wouldn't trade it for anything. He makes me melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July. :)

This year was a decent one too. I had to be in the parade for work. It was pretty fun. I got pretty sun burnt. It was scorching hot. Everyone was sweating. It was like mid 90s. Hot hot hot! 
We were pretty proud of the shears on our float. They were huge! Those were totally my idea to put on there btw ;)

This is our team (- 2 girls) plus the D.J's from star 98 that we are associated with.

Allison, me, Kelcie, and Johnie. A picture of us just for kicks.

After the parade was over, I went out to my parents house because Caleb was at work all day. It was nice to unwind and relax. We had burgers and I mainly hung out with my brother and sister and mom. My brother had his wisdom teeth taken out a few days before so I took it easy with him and we laid out for a while. I love tanning. It's my me time and gets me relaxed and destressed. I left later that day and hung out at my house for a little bit. Finally Caleb got home at about 6. When he got home he was sick with heat stroke. Since it was so hot outside (90s), and the A.C. is broke at his work (they're fixing it), they were literally working in temperatures of about 120 degrees and standing over a grill all day. So he took it easy for a couple hours, took a nap, and got hydrated. We just hung out at the house together, talked for hours, and then went and lit our few fireworks that his mom gave us. Took us like 10 min. haha! There was a ton of fireworks going off all over. Big ones in the sky, and smaller ones that people were just lighting at their homes. 



We came in and I got to bed at a decent hour where I had to work bright and early this morning. All in all, it was a good day. Even though we didn't do anything big, it's so nice to take a day off work and just relax and not really have any obligations.

And just because :)...
For reals though, adorable right?!



No comments:

Post a Comment