Wednesday, June 10, 2015

15 weeks and update!

Sorry that every post is a pregnancy update, but for myself, I totally want to keep this journey on record somewhere, so get used to a weekly pregnancy update! haha I am 15 weeks pregnancy today! Baby is about 4 inches long already and about the size of an apple! Just when I think I'm doing better I have a bad day with throwing up. Like today. I woke up at 5:30 this morning not feeling great and ended up getting up to throw up this morning. I THINK that today was my fault though. Since I had been feeling ok for the last few days I wanted to see how I would do with not taking my b6/unisom combo the night before and I honestly didn't think I would feel any different because I had felt so sick with throwing up in past weeks while taking that combo. But, I guess maybe it has helped me more than I realize. I don't know. So, tonight I will be taking those pills again and pray tomorrow is a better day with being able to get food down (having it taste good would be a bonus) and have it stay down. Other than today I really have felt decent the last couple days. Still not great, but so much better than I have. So when I woke up puking this morning I got bummed and worried because SOOO many people have said, "if you can get past 12-14 weeks I promise you'll feel SO much better!" yeaaahh right. 15 weeks and still puking! I still have hope it will ease some though. I'm praying anyways. My belly is definitely starting to become more belly. Family and people are starting to comment on it and of course my mom rubs my tummy every time I see her. I know people hate when people touch their bellies but I like it! Maybe I'm weird. But it's not squishy like it used to be and it feels more firm like an actual baby belly so I have nothing to hide. haha! I have mentioned in previous posts how I have had awful food aversions. It is slowly getting better and I am able to eat more and have it taste a little better going down, but I still have NO crazy cravings. Something a little frustrating is, before being pregnant, my favorite foods were mac and cheese, little caesers pizza, and for a snack, toast. I used to always say that I wish I didn't like such horrible for you foods but couldn't help what I liked and used to eat toast daily, pizza about once a week, and mac and cheese about once a week. Well, I still eat mac and cheese. Some days it tastes ok, others, it's hard to get even a quarter of it down. :( Toast, I CANNOT eat anymore. It tastes awful! Every time I make it thinking maybe it will start to taste good again, I take a bite and throw the rest away and barely can swallow the bite I have in my mouth. :( And pizza, same thing. I think I've had it three times since being pregnant, and all three times I barely ate a slice and just cannot eat it anymore. Same with their bread sticks they come with. :( Isn't that sad!? ugh. I hope to at least like pizza again because c'mon, parties and what not always include pizza and that would be sad, but probably a whole lot healthier for me If I never eat it again. And another thing, I used to like fruit before, but I hardly ate it. It kind of upset my belly a lot before. But now, I'm pretty sure I've eaten more fruit since being pregnant than I have in my whole life. Especially strawberries and grapes. mmm mmm yes. So, it is honestly bizarre that certain foods you used to love you now hate and some foods you didn't care for you now love. Super odd. Pregnancy does crazy things to your body! As for other baby news, I am feeling more flutters and more often. And I notice them while standing and doing my own thing sometimes. It's still subtle but It's awesome feeling it move. We get to find out the sex in just two and a half weeks and I CANNOT wait. I was talking to Caleb and we aren't really the types of families to have this big ol' gender reveal party so I figured if we do something to just keep it simple. Well, as I was thinking about it, the 4th of July is just 5 days after our ultrasound to find out. 4th of July is the day me and Caleb officially got engaged so I thought it would be fun to incorporate the gender reveal somehow on that day with or without family. So, ugh, If we can wait 5 more days, I think what we are going to do if it works out is buy both a pink and blue smoke bomb. Let the ultrasound lady wrap whatever gender our baby is of the smoke bomb in black paper, and then on the 4th light that and have that be our reveal. I don't know. Parts of me thinks it would be fun to make finding the gender out fun, and parts of me honestly doesn't care if we just have the ultrasound tech just tell us. I guess we will see and we still have a couple weeks to decide. If any of you have fun ideas for the 4th, let me know. I'm open to any and all suggestions! 

As for other updates. Caleb is still working away. Bless his heart, he works all day, then comes home and does more work or mows the lawn or something. So grateful for him! I know how hard it is to put in long days of work and he does it every day and never complains. He's amazing!

Libbie is still just Libbie.
A full out glare because I wouldn't share my dinner. haha!

And Caleb had just gotten home from work and was completely out yet someone else though it was time to play. haha! She kills me. It's so obnoxious at the time but actually hilarious looking back.

Me? Other than just baking this baby, I have LOVED not having to work. I miss doing hair, but oh my goodness. I still am having a hard time with not feeling guilty while Caleb goes to work all day, but it has been SO much better being able to be sick and take care of myself and not have to worry about how i'm going to get through the next 9 hours standing on my feet all day. Bless those women's hearts that puke all while at work and just do what they have to do. I am VERY grateful and very blessed that Caleb works hard and can provide so I can stay home. I have worked for the past 9 years with really no breaks. And 6+ of those years I was also attending high school/hair school/dental assisting school. So, It's a little weird for me to not be working, but I have seriously enjoyed NOT. haha. I went and picked up my nephew and tiny little niece yesterday so that their mama could have a little break and do whatever she needed to do. We ended up coming back to my parent's house and had my sister and her little boy there too. It was such a nice day! I felt overall good, the weather was beautiful, the kids were enjoyable, and it was just a good day. We ended up flooding our lawn so we could play in the water with the nephews.
The kids loved it and so did we! And yes we have matching swimming suits and bad tan lines. It's cool!

I can't wait to have my own kids to do stuff like this with. Until then, I'm grateful for nephews to do it with. :) 

Caleb brought home a huge stack of boxes!
This picture doesn't do it justice and i'm sure we'll still need tons more. Now during my good feeling days, I can start boxing up our apartment. We still haven't found a house but I know we will have to move either way so I might as well get going while i'm not hugely pregnant and can do it stress free and on my own time. Moving is going to be a chore and I'm really not going to be much help when it comes to lifting and moving all these heavy boxes. :/ But, I CANNOT WAIT till we have our own place. 

After begging Caleb and complaining about being hot in our house he finally put in our window ac unit thing. I am in heaven! Caleb always says it's freezing and acts like it's -30 in our house while I'm laying in front of it feeling perfectly content. More pregnancy symptoms? haha I don't know. But it has cooled our basement down tremendously and it's been nice because it helped get rid of the musty smell our place had from that flood because there was no way of pushing any air through the place. So, our place smells a lot better, feels better, and I am much happier not having it be almost 80 in the house. 

Other than that, life if good! Even being sick, life is still going good. I love Caleb, our marriage rocks, we have a child on the way, we are house hunting, we are happy, and life is just going pretty good. I am grateful! 




No comments:

Post a Comment