Wednesday, June 24, 2015

17 Weeks, Tucker, Date Night

I am 17 weeks today! Baby is about 5 inches long and about the size of an onion. I can definitely tell that it's getting bigger. I obviously am getting this big belly, plus I can just feel it on the inside. I can't sit up as quickly, or move certain ways without it being almost tender feeling. So, growing baby is a good thing. I still feel overall better than I did. I still have days, and moments where I just do not feel well. I know if I overdo it, (like I did today), it is worse. So I try to be as low key as possible and just not have a lot on my plate. I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable. I am a HUGE belly sleeper so as I'm stirring in the night I usually end up waking up because It's just too uncomfortable to lay directly on my stomach. :( Makes me sad. Speaking of sleep, I still sleep LONG hours at night. I sometimes don't sleep great throughout the night but you can count on me sleeping for anywhere between 11-14 hours a night. Kinda embarrassing. My hips are getting sore. Sometimes feels like they're just stretching and other days its like they're sore from being worked out. Which, lets be real, I haven't worked out. Lazy pants, I know. Sciatic nerve pain....may be the death of me. SO uncomfortable and super painful at times. My back hurts. Some days more than others. Today, I noticed more than other days like stretching pains in my belly. Nothing horrible yet, but I would get kind of a sharp pain randomly and I think it's round ligament pain? Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good, but now definitely starting to notice the growing belly along with stretching pains all over. I sound like a complainer every post. That's not my intentions. I just want to write everything down so I can look back on it all and compare someday. I am feeling this baby move a lot more! It has been so far the best thing yet. It's stronger than little flutters or bubbles, it's like actual movement and I soooommetimes will get a strongish kick or jab or something. It's super exciting. I can't wait till Caleb can feel it from the outside. That is if he will, he get's kinda weirded out by that so we will see. Foods are still the same. I still can't stomach certain things and it depends on the day. I still have been eating 1-2 bowls of cereal daily. Pepsi for some reason has tasted SUPER great. I never really cared for pepsi before so that's weird. I rarely drink pop anymore let alone caffeine, so I don't drink them often. Usually only if I have a headache or something. Which I had a headache for 5 days in a row this last week. They seem to have lightened up some thank goodness. And, I'm not entirely sure since we don't own a scale, but I think I am still down weight if not still losing. My face to me seems a little slimmer. Who knows, Maybe I've gained all this weight and have no idea. I will know Monday because that is the day we find out if this baby is a HE or a SHE! Eeeek! I can't wait!! I am SO ready to start buying things and just to start planning on whether we will have a daughter, or a son. Either one, I can't wait. 5 days! Anyways, that's it for this week's baby update. Here's a belly shot.

So this last week we got some bad news about my parent's dog. Long story short, my younger sister paid with her money two corgi puppies so she could breed them and sell the puppies. Well, as my brother was leaving for work he accidentally ran over Tucker. He ended up having to put him down because both my parents were gone and then he had to head straight for work. It was tragic and heartbreaking. I feel bad for obviously Tucker now no longer being here, but I feel especially bad for my sister and her losing her pet, for my brother and how bad he felt, and for Kristie's other dog Karli. She's lonely and confused. It was a complete accident. So, just sad, and not fun. If any of you know us knows just how many dogs we have lost. We literally end up losing a dog about every year due to all sorts of accidents. Most from getting run over, but some freak accidents that you don't even hear of, like a beaver trap killed our dog last year, years ago we had a dog die because it got into mouse poison in my dad's shop, just crazy things. So as my family was talking about how sad it was to have Tucker gone, I just said, I know it's sad for us, but I guarantee he is up in heaven playing with, (ehem..ready for this?) Maggie, Sadie, Lexie, Maddie, Mugsy, Chloe, Kelsey, Sebastian, another dog we had I can't even remember the name, and our bunnies Cocoa, and Petey, another bunny I can't remember the name of, and alll the countless stray cats that ended up being more like pets. I'm sure there are more dogs than that but that's off the top of my head. It's awful how many end up dieing. So, I think the plan is, that Kristie still wants to breed her corgi. So if anyone hears of a male purebread corgi for sale, let me know. RIP Tucker. You were obnoxious, yet so so cute. 

And lastly, me and Caleb got to go on a date last Saturday. It's been a LONG time since we've been dressed up and out for an actual date. I was feeling decent enough to go so we were outta here. We ended up going to see the new Jurassic World movie and then went to dinner. The movie theater was PACKED. Me and Caleb both had to sit by people. :( I'm pretty sure every seat was full. Even the awful seats clear in the front. I guess that's what we get for going on a Saturday afternoon to a movie that came out like the week before. We both liked the movie though! After the movie we went to Johnny Carinos. We both were kinda disappointed. Not really worth the money. I had only been there a couple times before and I remember it tasting better. Who knows. It was still GREAT to get out with Caleb and just be with each other. Love that boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment