Monday, June 29, 2015

A very special day! It's a.....???

Today was the day! It was the day to get our gender ultrasound. I remember at my last appointment making this appointment and thinking it was SO far away. And now, before I knew it, it was here. For weeks prior I had been having dreams about this ultrasound and also seeing our baby. I was SO anxious to know what it was! I was starting to stress because we haven't bought anything and I am a planner so I hate procrastinating with big exciting stuff like this. I wanted to seriously start thinking of names and just everything that goes with that specific gender.

Last night and today I had a ton of emotions. I was mainly just SO so so excited to know what this baby was. I wanted to know if I was gonna have a boy, hopefully a mama's boy, a gentleman one day, a sweet caring boy that was strong, a boy that loved to rough house with his dad and play with cars, trucks, and in the dirt, a dad one day too. Or a girl, hopefully a daddy's girl, a sweet, but sassy little thing, someone that will love playing with her dolls and playing dress up, someone I'm gonna have to share my bathroom with later in life, a girl to hopefully some day become a mom of her own. All these things were running through my head of what Caleb and I will be raising.

Going through infertility and always thinking of future life things, I ALWAYS pictured us with a girl. I always wanted a girl. I truly didn't care what the the gender was as I am just so blessed and grateful to be here in these shoes today, but deep down, I have ALWAYS wanted a little girl. It's not my fault that they make way cute girl stuff and need to expand the boy clothes department. haha! So in the past, me and Caleb talked about how we wanted to go about this day. Did we want the tech to just tell us? Do a huge gender reveal party? Do something between just us? I honestly didn't care how we were told. Caleb voted we had the tech put a card of whatever the gender was in an envelope and then have us two open it together. Just us, so we could soak in the moment and just have it be special. And that's what we did. I liked the idea.
Last night I was looking on pinterest and saw all these cute ways to make a cute envelope and have it look all crafty and cute. The craftyness in me wanted it to be that way, but after like 4 failed attempts at making a stupid envelope, I found one I had in my drawer and just printed out the boy or girl page and glued it on pink and blue paper. I didn't love at all how it looked but decided it was late, and really, the stinkin envelope didn't matter.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I was up pretty much every hour tossing and turning. I tell you, this was worse than me as a kid on Christmas eve. I was just SO excited and couldn't contain myself! After a restless night, I finally woke up this morning. I took my time getting ready and kinda just hung around the house. I was kinda emotional too! I was weepy just thinking about how special this day was going to be. I never thought I would get to ever have this moment, so I wanted to soak in every moment and love it all! It was finally time to go to the doctors appointment. The drive down was great as usual. Me and Caleb always have fun on car rides. Long or short. We made it to our 2:15 appointment on the dot. We got called back pretty quick. Weight and blood pressure was checked. Still no weight gain. I was down I think like 3 pounds and I'm back up 1. So still 2 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight. After that, we got called back to the ultrasound room. Eeeek! We went in and I gave the tech my silly envelope and told her we wanted it to be a surprise and to not tell us/show us what it was. They put the jelly stuff on my belly and bam, there was the baby! Oh my gosh. I was just smiling ear to ear in awe. It was amazing how much it had grown in 10 short weeks. It was amazing! She showed us a little bit of everything. It was even sucking it's cute little hand for a bit. I could have watched it all day long! These pictures are some that didn't get printed. 
Looking right at us


Side shot.


I'm honestly not sure what this one is. I'm thinking head with legs scrunched up.

Arms on the top and belly

I THINK this one is the feet crossed. Not sure.

and a cute little profile shot. 

The little stinker was being SO camera shy! It's feet were crossed and was sitting right on them so the tech seriously could not get a good view. The whole time I was thinking that this would happen to me. I paid 25 dollars to get this scan and now we can't even tell. haha I was gonna be SO dissapointed if she couldn't tell. The tech was jiggling the machine thing on my belly a lot trying to get it to spread it's legs. And nothing. haha A lady came in the room and said her next appointment was there. So I kinda thought that I would have to wait. The tech said she was going to get the other ultrasound tech while she went and did her other appointment really quick. So two other lady's came in and were trying to get different angles to have this baby spread it's legs. I even drank a little caffeine to maybe help get this baby moving a bit more before I came to my appointment. The tech said she was going to maybe have me get up and walk around for a bit to see if it'd move. After 40 min, baby finally cooperated and spread eagle for the techs. I was just laying there with my head turned and Caleb's head turned for a long time! haha. Oh man. They printed off some pictures, and put the gender card in my envelope along with the gender scan pictures. Whew! I was actually nervous! Took 3 techs and a long time for this baby to move it's legs! haha after that, we met with my doctor and talked for like 2 min. He checked the heartbeat which was I think he said 161. So higher than last time. Good strong heartbeat! Everything looked great and we scheduled our next appointment which is the big hour long anatomy scan. I'm excited to see that one too! We hopped in the car and decided we'd go get food, then go home to open the envelope. We ended up going to Chili's for an early dinner. 
He was playing with the new tablets that they got. I didn't get any other pictures of us at dinner though :( Must say though, him in that shirt is lookin fine! ;)

After dinner we came home so we could open this envelope! I had waited SO long for this moment! We sat on the couch, and I opened the envelope. I was nervous! Most everyone has said they think it's a girl. Both me and Caleb felt from day one it was a girl. Only the last week have I seriously not really felt like it was a girl. I was wishy washy on both! So I seriously did not know. Caleb at the last second said, "I think it's a boy!" haha WHAT!? for weeks you've been saying girl. I opened the envelope and then basically on the count of three turned over the card. 

It's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I nearly bawled. I knew it! I SO knew it! I was SO so freaking happy. Caleb was so excited too. He didn't care what it was. All my dreams are coming true! The tech put in 3 pictures of the sex. Looks like a girl to me! But, I honestly can't tell on those things. I usually can tell if it's a boy and I don't see boy stuff so I'd say it's a girl! haha 

Everyone had been texting me telling them to let them know the second I did. After me and Caleb had our special moment. I sent the picture of us holding the "its a girl!" card out to all our family. I then posted it on Instagram and Facebook. It's been so fun having people be just as involved or excited as we are. My MIL is very happy it's a girl. She has almost 11 grandson's and only 2 granddaughter's and those two live clear across the states over by D.C. So I am happy that she will have a little girl that lives here to spoil. We could not be more thrilled, more excited, and grateful that this baby GIRL of ours is healthy and ours! I've just been feeling awesome all day. Might possibly be one of the greatest days ever. I'm tickled and just giddy about it all! 


7 Weeks 6 days on the first strip of pictures. Today, 17 weeks 5 days on the middle strip of pictures, and then the gender pictures on the right. All proudly hanging on my fridge. We're having a girl! Bring on the bows, tutu's. dress up, dolls, and all girl things. We cannot wait! I'm ready to go shopping! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment