Tuesday, January 26, 2016

2 months!

My baby is 2 months old! What the what!?! Crazy how fast time goes.
Kinley had her 2 month checkup and is still super healthy! She does have exzema all over her face and ears so we are in the process of clearing that up. Otherwise she is doing just awesome!

At 2 months Kinley,
*is 10 lbs 10 oz.
*22 and 1/4 in long
*smiles all the time!
*starting to really coo and make noise
*sleeps 4 to 8 hour stretches at night which is WONDERFUL
*Takes forever to be put to sleep for the night (like 1 to 3+ hours sometimes)
*size 1 diaper
*0-3 mo clothes
*HUGE mamma's girl
*hates her swing
*starting to love her play mat
*loves her binkie
*HATES her carseat (which makes it near miserable to go ANYWHERE)
*is such a joy to be around!

She had to have shots at her appointment which was totally heartbreaking. I hate shots and would have totally taken all of them for her if I could've. She had 1 oral and 3 shots in her squishy little thighs. I've never seen her cry so hard. It was so sad. Since then, she has been fussier, had a fever, but has also slept a lot. I'm grateful for that and think that's probably what she needs.

Here's a story for ya. It's embarrassing and made me feel like the worst mom on the planet, but I want to document it. The night of her shots, I gave her some Tylenol at 6 pm. The paper said every 4 to 6 hours so I was going to give her some more just before bed. Well, when that time came around, I was looking at the bottle and was 99.9 % sure of the correct dosage but last second decided to look at the paper the doctor gave me that shows the correct dosage just to make sure. When I looked at it, my heart sunk. The dosage said 1.25 ml and I am near positive that the dose I gave her at 6 earlier that night was 2.5 ml. I had accidentally doubled her dose. I went upstairs to ask my mom if Kinley was going to be ok. Neither of us knew for sure and I was worried because that was the first day I was even allowed to give her any Tylenol. It was close to 11 that night so it had already been in her system for like 5 hours. We decided to call my mom's friend, also a neighbor whom happens to be a nurse just to check. She was at work and didn't answer. So we decided to call a nurse at the hospital, she then told us to call poison control because she wasn't sure. This whole time I am just angry at myself and also prayyyying that I didn't have to take my baby in to get her stomach pumped or something crazy. Talk about feeling like a crappy mom. I know we all make mistakes but medicines should not be one of them, and I had done just that. When I gave her the first dose I even re read the paper like 7 times and checked the dose before I gave it to her but I am sure I gave her more than the recommended amount. Anyway, back to poison control. We call them, and long story short, after they do some calculations, Kinley was and would be just fine. They just said to wait before giving her her second dose. I went back to my room and let a good cry out because I felt so so bad. If something were to have happened to her, it would have been my fault and I don't think I would have been able to forgive myself if something were to have happened. I didn't want to put her down for a second. She was running her first fever, was whimpering and crying between waking up, and I could tell she just didn't feel well. I was slightly paranoid about it all and even though she slept good, I still woke up multiple times to check on her. Ugh, talk about scaring the crap outta me, and feeling like the WORST mom. Who has to call poison control when their baby is 2 months...oh..me. Anyway. She's doing a little better today but just seems like she wants to just sleep sleep sleep all day. Poor little peanut. :(

Here's a few recent pictures of her.
Looks like she's wearing a bonnet or something but she's just laying on the flower part haha

Loving her play mat and full of smiles!

My sweet baby

Tender moments. I love seeing Caleb as a dad and when he holds Kinley. Heart is in a puddle on the floor.

I end up having to sit in the back a lot when we go anywhere. Baby girl hates her seat so sometimes me by her calms her down some. It's still fun and I ALWAYS enjoy the moments me and Caleb get to get out for a while. He is such a funny guy and we always have a hoot.




No comments:

Post a Comment