Sunday, January 31, 2016

Our week

We'll start with side affects to Kinley's shots. It's been a rough week. I feel like she is pretty much back to herself, but I could definitely tell she didn't feel good especially those first few days. She had a fever on Monday night till about Wednesday. She would cry during feedings which she never does, and she did not sleep at night. We were up A. LOT. Wednesday early morning she had woken up, so I changed and nursed her. She was kinda fussy and didn't fall back asleep like she typically does. As I was burping her she spit up big time all over me. So half zombie I lay her down on my bed to go change my shirt. While changing, she spits up big time all over my bed. Feeling bad for her and not caring about my bed, I clean that up and she still acts hungry so I feed her again hoping she will fall asleep. She does and I lay her down. A couple minutes later I hear her like dry heaving so like a ninja I go to catch the spit up. I caught it just in time. She's been doing the dry heaving thing ALL week every night since her shots. I don't know if it's from them or not but I can't go back to sleep till she does it after she eats so I know she doesn't choke. It's kinda scary. Anyway, after the spit up incident, I assume she's good since she's still sleeping so I roll over to go to sleep. About a minute later I hear her dry heaving again, so again, like a ninja and lightning fast, I go to catch it. Poor thing projectile vomited. Everywhere. I caught some but she was covered, her rock n play had a puddle of puke that she was laying in, her swaddle wrap soaked, everything. I felt so bad! In the bath we go. I was so tired cause I had been up plenty throughout the night as it was but poor thing! After her bath I decided to just rock her cause clearly she didn't feel good. I slept (sorta not really) on our recliner holding her. She didn't do it again except for the dry heaving that turns into spitting up big time only in the night after she eats. I asked this mommy page I am apart of on facebook if they had any idea as to why she puked. Some mom's told me that their babies did the exact thing after getting the rotovirus vaccine and that it is a side affect. so I'm assuming that's what it's from. Also some moms said their babies became super spitty after that vaccine as well so maybe that's why she is so much spittier? Not really sure. 
Baby not feeling well=lots of cuddles.

Last week I FINALLY got my own hair done. I went more blonde and am much happier with it now.

Babywearing for the win! Seriously the ONLY way I am able to get things done.



So Kinley is theee hardest baby to get to sleep! It takes me hours to do it. Seriously. I have a strict routine I follow every night and every night without fail, I will lay her down after I've nursed her to sleep and she instantly wakes up and is all bright eyed and bushy tailed and full of smiles. It's hard to be so exhausted and frustrated when she is so smiley like this. She's a night owl for sure. I start getting her ready for bed at 8:30 PRAYING she'll be asleep by at least 10. It's usually anywhere between 11 and 1 am  after MANY attempts at putting her down that she finally crashes. Mom's always say that night time is when they finally get a little time to themselves and I have yet to experience this because it is an all night thing trying to get her to sleep. I've tried everything. 

More babywearing while cleaning


We woke up to a bunch of snow the other morning. Although I HATE the snow it sure is pretty and I don't mind it if I'm inside all day. But the moment I have to go outside I instantly hate it again. 

My Saturday was a hectic day. I had SO much to do and this MAJOR blowout was not part of the plan. I even got poop on my shirt for the first time. 2 baths in one day is fine right?

Sunday I wasn't feeling too great so we all stayed home and took it easy. I snuggled my baby and loved every second of it. I love being a mom!

As for other news. Caleb has been working his bum off trying to save up extra money for all this stuff we'll need for a house. (Washer, dryer, couch, paint, and all the little things) He got to go snowboarding with a bunch of his work crew and had a good time. My family left for out of town so this is the first weekend since moving here that we've had a place to ourselves. It's been quite nice! I do miss the company when he works nights though. I'm just home being a mom and staying plenty busy doing so. Things are busy but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment