Saturday, January 9, 2016

We bought a house!!

The time has finally come!! Me and Caleb have bought our very first home! We are THRILLED. Since moving in with my parents we had been searching online for a home. NOTHING was standing out to us and I especially was getting frustrated because finding a home, then closing on a home can take a while and I didn't want to be here for a way long time. We kinda put house hunting on hold when we had Kinley. But after a few weeks, we decided to look again. Caleb ended up finding a home online that looked realistic compared to any others we had looked at. We met up with our realtor at the house and took a look. It was below our price range which was awesome, location was better than we had anticipated, and it was a newer home (built in 2007) so it had what we wanted. We looked at one more to compare and have seen other homes in the past but this seemed right. We put in an offer. We negotiated through the week of Christmas. The sellers accepted our counter offer! We are now going through the process of all the paperwork and bank stuff. We close on February 12th! I feel like everything is falling into place. The house couldn't be more right for what we need. Everything from price, location, inspection, and doing all the paperwork has been great and easy! A little side note that is kinda funny. We knew that the sellers still lived there when we set a time to look at the house although they left and were gone while we went to look at the house. While going through, my mom said, "hey! This is so and so's house!" All the pictures on their walls were of a family that we knew. In fact, the guy, was my best friend all through grade schools older brother. His family is also in our ward at the moment. Haha I had no clue they lived there. I wondered if it would make the process of buying harder or awkward but it's been just fine! What are the odds. Kinda funny. Anyway, we are gearing up for a move here in about a month. We are going to re paint the house, and are keeping our eye open for some furniture. I'm so dang excited! I can't wait to have a garage so I don't have to scrape snow off my car, a walk in closet where we'll have space for our clothes, a master bathroom, a nice kitchen, a yard to play with Libbie in or have a weenie roast, and best of all, WINDOWS! haha I will have lots of windows to see out of. All those were on our list and we got it all. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage home. 1140 sq ft, located in a nice area of a podunk little town called Ririe Idaho haha. It's a great starter home. My dad has been a HUGE help with this house stuff. I've learned more about homes than I thought I ever would. It's been fun too! We can't wait!! I'll post pictures when we get moved in.

1 comment:

  1. Finding a home can be challenging. We've had our "go" of it. Everyone wants their own space, though. Everyone has different taste. My wife and I couldn't agree on having a house with a garage. I wanted a stand-alone driveway, while she was the one that wanted the garage. Congratulations for finding the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete