Wednesday, September 30, 2015

31 Weeks!

31 weeks pregnant! Woo hoo!
I'm feeling so thrilled to be to this point. Not that much longer! Really, nothing much has changed from last week. I'm still feeling large, uncomfortable, sick, and all things pregnant, yet, I am getting more and more excited to meet this baby. I think the best way to describe all of it is that I'm a happy turtle. haha Happy, yet slow at everything. I have been having so many braxton hicks contractions and those definitely slow me down. Also! A little update on my pregnancy rash. It's basically gone! I am SO relived it went away with that prescription and that I didn't have to wait till birth for it to leave. I think having it for about 2 months is plently long enough. It was miserable. I do have scars on my leg and foot from scratching so hopefully those purple scars will fade over time. I'm sure they will. As ugly as they are, I'm just glad that the rash is gone and that I can sleep, and function again. I wouldn't wish that rash on my worst enemy. So, overall, the pregnancy is going good. I have another doctors appointment tomorrow along with another ultrasound. Hopefully all goes well with those. 

This last week I went with my sister to get some baby shower supplies and while we were out and about, we went to Sam's Club. They had this offer going on for pregnant women or mom's with a child under 1. So, both me and my sister snagged a free 1 year membership. Pregnancy pays off with stuff like this. haha I had never owned a Sam's card before mainly because I probably wouldn't use it enough to make the 45 dollars a year even worth it. But, now that I got it for free, It will come in handy at times. I also met up with my sister and a couple of our friends for lunch in the park for the first time in years. I typically am NOT one that enjoys to meet up with people. It gives me major anxiety and I'd much rather just stay at home. But, it ended up being a lot of fun. We talked all things pregnancy/birth/baby since 2 of us are prego, another just had her baby about a month ago, then my sister has her baby. It was nice to talk about all the scary stuff, or funny/embarrassing things of pregnancy. Eased my mind some and was nice to talk about it all. 

This is the first week in months that Caleb's schedule has gone pretty much back to normal and it's been so so great! Instead of him working 6 days a week with 1 to 2 double shifts in there plus sometimes going out on Sunday, he is now working just 5 days a week. Normal hours, normal shifts, and still may have to go out on Sundays, but depends on the week. It's been great having him home at night. I appreciate all the hard work he puts in for us. He's awesome!

I came down with a cold or something. So that on top of being pregnant is kind of brutal. I feel quite awful, but I'm hoping that drinking my weight in water will have this cold be sent on it's way sooner than later. 
It's like she knows I haven't felt well and she'll come and snuggle. I love it! I also was able to get all my baby shower invitations out, party favors made, and most of the decorations bought this last week. There's a couple more things I'm going to do to get ready for it including a couple crafts, but it's coming along. I'm both nervous and excited for this shower. 

We never got around to moving our furniture to make room for baby girl last week, but for sure we need to do it this weekend because next week is my baby shower and I'm hoping to be able to come home and have a place for the things we receive.








No comments:

Post a Comment