Monday, September 7, 2015

5 year anniversary! Reliving our wedding day.

Holy toledo I cannot believe it's been 5 years since me and Caleb got married. 5 years!! That's a long time! 5 years ago I remember so many things, so many emotions. I remember getting ready for our wedding and how I seriously did not really care how things were for the reception. I didn't take any time doing any searching around for that perfect wedding. For my cake I had something in mind and it didn't turn out how I planned and I seriously just didn't care. My bouquet, I told the florist my colors and said "surprise me." Dress shopping, I tried on a bunch and only tried on dresses from two stores. I found one I liked and that was good for me. Music? I never knew people had music at weddings. Bouquet toss? I didn't want to get rid of mine so I didn't do it. Garder throw? I would feel awkward so I didn't want to do it. Dancing? Nah, wasn't feelin it. I was never one that "dreamed" of my wedding. I didn't care about exact things. All I remember was that I wanted the wedding to be nice, obviously, but what I was really excited for was getting married! I look back and think I probably maybe should have cared a little more about the reception and decorating and what not, but, like I said, to me, I was excited about getting married, not about a cake I would have 1 bite of then toss.

I remember getting all settled in to our first apartment. I had moved into the apartment alone about a week prior to the wedding. We had a nice apartment, but hardly anything to fill it. I remember the night before the wedding that that was the last night I would sleep alone. I couldn't wait to start a life with someone I loved with all my heart.

The day of the wedding, I woke up to NO power. It was kind of stressful! How was I supposed to get ready? Do they still go through with weddings if there's no power? I had gotten up plenty early that morning so I would have tons of time to get ready. The power did come back on but I do remember kind of scrambling trying to get ready because my time had been cut short.

The wedding itself was amazing. I was giddy, excited, and so in love with Caleb. It was special and private, and we were surrounded by the people we loved. I felt beautiful that day. I loved every moment.






After the wedding and pictures, we headed to the church for a luncheon. Our boss at the time made our lunch for free as our wedding gift to us. We had pulled pork, and a bunch of side dishes. I remember just being next to Caleb the whole day. We were glued at the hip. We were so happy. We were finally husband and wife. It felt surreal, yet amazing! Where the luncheon was held was also where the reception would be. So after we ate, everyone set up for the reception while I spruced up. I remember thinking that I wish some things had looked differently, but there was no changing it now and it really didn't matter. 



I remember the reception was long. We had quite a few people come support us, but I didn't know half the people that came. :/ I felt like plenty of conversations would always end up with them saying, "Ghalee, I remember you when you were just a tiny thing. Now you're all grown up". It had been a long day and both me and Caleb were hungry and ready to head out. We cut the cake, changed, and were outta there. 



After getting into our crazily decorated car, we were outta there and on our way to taco bell. haha! 

The rest of the night was just surreal that we were actually married! We headed back to our apartment for the night, and then left for our honeymoon the following day.

Life with Caleb has been nothing but amazing. These past 5 years spent with him have hands down been the best years of my life. I love the man he is and how he treats me. I am very blessed to be a wife to such an incredible guy. I have loved being able to share life with someone I love so dearly. I love the big things we've done, like vacations, camping, buying new cars, going on dates, etc., but I especially love the small things in life, like waking up to his handsome face daily, grocery shopping with him, making meals at home with him, watching a show together, or simply just having him home, ya know, just every day life things. I can't imagine life without him. If only there are words to describe the love I have for this guy. 

For our actual anniversary (Sept. 4th) Caleb had to work all day. I wanted to still make the day special even though he wouldn't be home. I ended up leaving him a letter on the bathroom mirror so he would get it before work that morning.
I also did end up ordering him a little gift that's supposed to be just kind of cheesy and funny that he could hang in his man cave or something. I ordered it a week and a half ago and it's still not here. So, that is going to be here I think a week late. Woops. Sorry Caleb :/
That's what they should look like. haha

I ended up doing a huge grocery shopping day so while I was out I bought him his favorite candy, a bag of peanut m&m's and set it on his desk for when he got home. He didn't get home till almost 5:30. We only had the night to do something if we were going to at all. By the time he got home, had our usual nightly chat, it was like 7 o'clock. We were both tired and didn't feel like doing much. We decided to keep the night simple and ended up heading to Subway in our pajamas and went through the drive through for dinner. I like that we both feel like it doesn't have to be big to celebrate a special day.

Happy 5 year anniversary Caleb. I love you more than words could say. Thanks for a wonderful 5 years. I look forward to many, many more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment